dreambox and sky cards?

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
D4ftpunk said:
if anyone is able to get me dreambox 1.35 cracked for linux then i will generate the extra file they need for bskyb.

the program for generating the extra file is now all over the web and aint that private anymore

if you were to cut your toes you migth come across it. the same place may even provide you with what your looking for ...

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Yes. Install the Gbox files on you dreambox and discard the Sky receiver

Unfortunatly, i started reading the instructions for the gbox... and my head exploded!!
i dont follow it all really.... sounds too complicated, as well as the fact i dont have all the equipment needed.

untill the make a proper softcam, all stick to my sky digi box..... at least that way i get to use the neat TVguide :)

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
It is much more simple than the impression one gets from the instructions. It really boils down to adding 3 or 4 files to the var/keys folder. You edit one of these by changing the 3 occurances of an ip address to your dreambox ip address. You edit the other by pasting the string created by the NDS generator over the data already there. The third is ok as is.
A last file "smartcam.config" is added to the var/etc folder.

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Out of curiosity, In gbox v1.35 when they mention softcam.cfg are they refering to the softcam.key file.

i.e Copy the following files gbox_cfg and softcam.cfg to /var/keys edit the gbox_cfg inserting the IP address of our Dreambox in place of that one already present.

I cannot see this file anywhere?

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
[No there is a softcam.cfg file. I don't know if I am allowed to point you to the website I got it from. All I can say is do a google for forums and dowload a couple of compressed files. You should find it in at least one. I found mine in a tmp folder.

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Actually you can do it with newcamd now. I will try it tonight.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now THAT's what we were waiting for.... reverse engineering the engineering reversal... :D

Now we are guaranteed further development and all the original forbidden chat has less significance.

Plus it's a doddle to install on ANY image.

chuckles

Reaction score
Let us know how and when you succeed with newcamd. I dont think its that straightforward.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
you can do it with any sky sub , sky freesat works great, the instructions for gbox are easy and are posted elsewhere on this forum.

chuckles

Reaction score
D4ftpunk said:
you can do it with any sky sub , sky freesat works great, the instructions for gbox are easy and are posted elsewhere on this forum.

I was asking about Newcamd, not gbox

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
D4ftpunk said:

Will it work with ftv card inserted directly into the Dream Card slot or is a Smartmouse still needed needed?

Regards,
Tiggy
Humping

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Butterbox said:
[No there is a softcam.cfg file. I don't know if I am allowed to point you to the website I got it from. All I can say is do a google for forums and dowload a couple of compressed files. You should find it in at least one. I found mine in a tmp folder.

Thanks buddy,

I found one in another emu, I will try that. What puzzling me now is that it says to 'edit smartcam.config in the var/etc folder', this being hydra. I cannot see this file either in hydra poseidon maybe its in another version?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Would be nice to get a How To up and running on this subject. Just look at the views and is only running a couple of weeks.

jackfrost_

Reaction score
I believe that the S*Y UK system sends 'keep alive' messages to cards.

When I moved houses, and had my system disconnected for 2 weeks, it would not work again until I plugged the decoder back into the phone line to re-activate the card.

I too am keen to use my S*Y card in my dreambox so that I have one less bit of kit under the telly, however, will it work for more than a few weeks, or will I have to keep putting the card back into the S*Y box to re-activate it.

Regards,

Jack

chuckles

Reaction score
The phone line is not essential, but you do need to keep the card in an active receiver to keep it "alive"

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
like i said earlier though, the only problem with having sky through the dreambox is the loss of the TV guide that a sky digi box has, for me its one of the best features.

how many people sit down, press TV Guide button and browse through the channels to find whats on, and whats coming on, or even adding it to there personal planner/reminder?

without that, sky would be only half as good IMHO.

chuckles

Reaction score
I can confirm it works with S*y UK card in Newcamd with 2 extra files installed. You need to add youe boxid no (seriel no) to the carderv.cfg file. ;)

Works in card slot!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
RedDevil_UK said:
like i said earlier though, the only problem with having sky through the dreambox is the loss of the TV guide that a sky digi box has, for me its one of the best features.

how many people sit down, press TV Guide button and browse through the channels to find whats on, and whats coming on, or even adding it to there personal planner/reminder?

without that, sky would be only half as good IMHO.

My wife does for ages, cant get a view of any thing until she goes to bed.
Then i get a chance to view nick.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
I can confirm it works with S*y UK card in Newcamd with 2 extra files installed. You need to add youe boxid no (seriel no) to the carderv.cfg file. ;)

Works in card slot!

Good man chuckles, will try it out next week and let you know how i get on. D loaded a file yesterday will look out for the other one. Will give me something to do now that its a bit clear at the moment.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
chuckles said:
Hi Chuckles,
Have you got an MD5 or size/date of the new(er) files - I could only find a newer newcamd in some sites of "unknown quality", most others seem to have deleted it already?
Just wanted to check before loading in a possible trojan...!