dreambox and sky cards?

T

test

just o let u know i got 1.35 and 1.37 ... got alot of errors on the nds file

i am using an infinity phoenix programmer on the serial port.
i dont seem to see any activity on the leds

does it have to be in smartmouse mode or phoenix mode?

T

test

it worked...

for all you guys to know, the files that are on the net are not the same... some are shit
i sused 1.35_cracked with the cwserver that has only 1 line in it

paulmking

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi

anyone know i can get hold of s*ftcam.cfg, been sreaching for days, a PM, a link, just a point in the right direction

Cheers m8s

T9

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
I looking for Gboxfriend.dll from 1.37 if anyone can help me out. :)

I have uploaded all the stuff I could find here:

hxxp://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0GL4JKUWRQ89T31JKR5X2XGSPZ

Hope it is usefull to someone,

Cheers,
Nick.

unkletom

Reaction score
jimbo said:
The sky cards are tied to a digibox and you will need one to get the card to work....and you will have to get sky to initialise it in the box.

are all sky cards tied to a digibox? would I be able to use an active yellow house card if I bought one for a few quid or would I still need to transfer the data from an original sky box in order to use it in my dreambox?

cheers...Tom

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
unkletom said:
are all sky cards tied to a digibox? would I be able to use an active yellow house card if I bought one for a few quid or would I still need to transfer the data from an original sky box in order to use it in my dreambox?

cheers...Tom
Yes you need the box info.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
... although I've heard that with the NewcamD fix and an FTV card, you can change the BOXID and still get it to work. Just a rumour, I haven't tried it.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
I tried changing the boxid with my card to a boxid that was incorrect - FTV channels worked fine

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Thanks for confirming. :D It was probably one of your posts where I read it. :)

unkletom

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
... although I've heard that with the NewcamD fix and an FTV card, you can change the BOXID and still get it to work. Just a rumour, I haven't tried it.

does that mean that I can get a FTV card that will work in any Sky Box and then get a box id from any of my mates? (sorry about these stupid questions...never owned a sky box)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
.... or just make one up even???? A 10 digit number starting '00'???

chuckles

Reaction score
unkletom said:
does that mean that I can get a FTV card that will work in any Sky Box and then get a box id from any of my mates? (sorry about these stupid questions...never owned a sky box)

I dont think you need any boxid for a FTV card. I've manged to view sky one etc without the boxid line in the cardserv.cfg file, but it needs an id no. to open sports and film channels.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
& I think this mirrors what happens in a 'real' digibox.

place a card in an 'un-married' box & you get eveything bar the 'premium' channels (so no taking your card around your mates house to watch the footy etc)

samedin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Dreambox 7000s,
Dreambox 7020s,
Dreambox 800hd
MythBackend, 2 HD Cards, Omnikey
MythFrontend 2 SD Cards
42" Flatscreen
My Location
Islington, London
BGonaSTICK said:
Whoa, too many sub-plots!

Firstly, NewcamD does not need a programmer to plug into the serial slot, so there's no excuse for not trying ;)

No you can't just stick it in the Dreambox, you have to install one of the two patches.

Yes you do have to marry your card to the box, but this is done automatically with NewcamD (and manually with GBOX).

There are two versions of the NewcamD fix. One for UK (cardserver0961.dream) and one for Italy (cardserver0919.dream). They both work (allegedly).

@wally, I don't have any problems with mine. Does it do it with just one card in? Have you tried it with a phoenix programmer? Do you have both GBOX and NewcamD patched with the ND$ fix on the same image? I'd try slimming it down a bit and see what happens. I have GBOX on Hydra and NewcamD on Gemini, and only have SCAM 2.5d installed alongside both.

$ky$ky, I think you're going to have to break some new ground here and try it. Nobody here appears to have experimented, and can only say that an upgrade followed by a downgrade is unlikely to work to your advantage. The fact that the card is in a separate device should be transparent, and we are talking about original cards here. Until $ky work out a way of detecting that the hardware is different, then everything should be completely transparent... (LOL, famous last words...)

STICK

Hi,

I dont have a skybox, but I will go ahead and order a freesat card next week.
I have myDream insatalled on the box, together with Newcamd and after reading your post it seems all I will need to change the config files, but I shouldnt have to have a skybox ID to be able to view the free channels is that correct?
I'm mostly interested in getting the free channels (though the movie channels would be cool aswell :))

chuckles

Reaction score
samedin said:
Hi,

I dont have a skybox, but I will go ahead and order a freesat card next week.
I have myDream insatalled on the box, together with Newcamd and after reading your post it seems all I will need to change the config files, but I shouldnt have to have a skybox ID to be able to view the free channels is that correct?
I'm mostly interested in getting the free channels (though the movie channels would be cool aswell :))

You will not get any more than you pay for. Can't guarantee that Uncle Ruppie won't knacker current situ eith newcamd either, but you pays you r money etc.! :-ohmy

samedin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Dreambox 7000s,
Dreambox 7020s,
Dreambox 800hd
MythFrontend 2 SD Cards
42" Flatscreen
My Location
Islington, London
Fair enough, I just dont want to have to have two boxes and certainly not two dishes.
As I said more interested in getting channels 1-5...

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
samedin said:
Fair enough, I just dont want to have to have two boxes and certainly not two dishes.
As I said more interested in getting channels 1-5...

you can get 1&2 without a card :)

samedin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Dish
Dreambox 7000s,
Dreambox 7020s,
Dreambox 800hd
MythFrontend 2 SD Cards
42" Flatscreen
My Location
Islington, London
racingclubuk said:
you can get 1&2 without a card :)
Really? Where?

It would be cool to get the standard s*y package, more channels of nothingness :)