dreambox and sky cards?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
is it possible to just insert a sky card to receive the sky package.... or do i need a sky receiver???

to cut a long story short, in 1998 i cancelled sky and threw all the equipment in the bin.... i have received a bill today for £71.17

the reason for the bill is because i cancelled early (i would explain why but its a long story) i signed a 12 month contract...

i cancelled 42 days short of 12 months, i rang them and the option i was given was to re subscribe to a £13.50 p/month for 2 month or pay the £71.17???

so obviously i am having it for 2 more months... they are sending me a viewing card!!

dont you just love sky..... only taken them 7 years to work it out, i wouldnt mind i still live in the same house, so its not like they couldnt find me.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
It won't work reddevil. The sky cards are tied to a digibox and you will need one to get the card to work....and you will have to get sky to initialise it in the box.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
cant i put it in the dreambox then ring to get it started???

failing that, can anyone lend me a box and dish lol

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Has your bin been emptied in the 7 years?:D

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
lol, i hope so.....
if i get a sky receiver, can i use my motorised dish??

is there a way of linking then in any way

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
Yep...just use a universal LNB and swing round to 28. whatever east. You can loop through your STB to the digibox or get a master A/B switch. You would only be able to have one of the boxes operational at one time. If you do go down ths route park the dish on 28E overnight to get any updates to the EPG etc.

OR get Sky+ and a quad LNB and record one channel on the HDD while watching another.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
the loop through on DB will not work. ie, if u go from the output of DB to input
of digibox , DB will NOT work when digibox is in standby.

its a DB problem

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
just read in another thread that the gbox can emulate the CAM to read legit $ly cards... well thats what i want to do.... i will be receiving a card from sky probably tomorrow?? and i want to shove it in my dreambox...

without sounding like a complete jerk... :) what is this gbox??? is it a program or a gadget?

chuckles

Reaction score
RedDevil_UK said:
just read in another thread that the gbox can emulate the CAM to read legit $ly cards... well thats what i want to do.... i will be receiving a card from sky probably tomorrow?? and i want to shove it in my dreambox...

without sounding like a complete jerk... :) what is this gbox??? is it a program or a gadget?

GBOX is an emulator, but I beleive you need some extra file to make it work with S$y card. Will of course only work with a valid card.

powel000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Paraclipse 2.40m solid dish,
Jonsa 1.80m dish,
3.40m mesh dish,
dreambox7020SI,
relook400S,
HUMAX, dream 500hd
90CM DISH,
My Location
AMMAN-JORDAN
This subject about the gbox is sizzling, I am sure if it is true Dreambox sales will skyrocket. Forgive my ignorance, why does the dreambox seem like the king of recievers.

chuckles

Reaction score
powel000 said:
This subject about the gbox is sizzling, I am sure if it is true Dreambox sales will skyrocket. Forgive my ignorance, why does the dreambox seem like the king of recievers.

Software driven, so does not need any cams (usually) also includes an ethernet port which is very useful for internet and networking.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
might be easier to buy a digi box???
one on ebay for £10....here

chuckles

Reaction score
RedDevil_UK said:
might be easier to buy a digi box???
one on ebay for £10....here

Yes if thats all you want to watch, but for a single motorised satellite, the digibox is no use at all.
The gbox emu has been developed with CS in mind, I guess, which is probably the main attraction. Wont last long is my guess. :-toilet

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
powel000 said:
Forgive my ignorance, why does the dreambox seem like the king of recievers.

...and dreambox users the the men among boys? Hm??

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
right the, i have bought a second hand sky digibox, i connected it up by putting the cable from the motorised dish in the dreambox first then through the output and into the sky digital receiver???
while its like this, the dish cannot be moved.... the motor doesnt work for some reason??? so i unplugged the output from the Dreambox and then moved the dish to 28e
then plugged the cable back in...success!!

i can now watch sky but if i want to watch a dreambox channel, i have to unplug the extra bit of cable from the dreambox to sky box!!

anyone know a way round this...if not i will need to get a sky dish too... Grrrr

the loop through on DB will not work. ie, if u go from the output of DB to input
of digibox , DB will NOT work when digibox is in standby.

its a DB problem

is there not a fix???

chuckles

Reaction score
RedDevil_UK said:
right the, i have bought a second hand sky digibox, i connected it up by putting the cable from the motorised dish in the dreambox first then through the output and into the sky digital receiver???
while its like this, the dish cannot be moved.... the motor doesnt work for some reason??? so i unplugged the output from the Dreambox and then moved the dish to 28e
then plugged the cable back in...success!!

i can now watch sky but if i want to watch a dreambox channel, i have to unplug the extra bit of cable from the dreambox to sky box!!

anyone know a way round this...if not i will need to get a sky dish too... Grrrr

is there not a fix???

Twin LNB springs to mind, but I do know that the digibox is not happy about being moved off the 28e signal, but it should work.
The loop through connection on the B'box does not seem to work as with most receivers, so the Skybox will be using the signal all the time thus interfering with your diseq commands.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
if anyone is able to get me dreambox 1.35 cracked for linux then i will generate the extra file they need for bskyb. I have dreambox 1.35 for dreambox cracked and 1.37 for linux uncracked but i need 1.35 for linux cracked.

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Yes. Install the Gbox files on you dreambox and discard the Sky receiver.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Butterbox said:
Yes. Install the Gbox files on you dreambox and discard the Sky receiver.

Will these files work on the 7000s & 56xx boxes as well. Have a ch4/5 itv1.2.3 card and with 2 digiboxes its driving me mad caus when you switch over ch the other digibox switches too. Would love it to work in my DB so I could get rid of digibox2.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
RedDevil_UK said:
is there not a fix???

not that i know of unfortunately ...