Dreambox + Cas 2

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Has anybody sucessfully used cas to bring back their dreambox back to life. Bought the cas 2 + add on a while ago just to have it in case of boot loader problems. I thought I needed it when I could not flash an image, the dreambox crashed when I first started out. Lucky enough it was a bad image I was downloading and a reflash with a new image worked. But what if I had a problem with it, how do you sort out boot loader problems with it exactly.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I wouldn't have thought that the CAS would be of any use at all, normally a serial lead is all that is required.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
rolfw said:
I wouldn't have thought that the CAS would be of any use at all, normally a serial lead is all that is required.
The cas 2 + add on you can use it to write to the boot loader when everything fails. Seen picture with pins in dreambox but these have to be installed by yourself and then the cable from the add on inserted into it. Was wondering did anyone on this forum go to the trouble of soldering in the pins and did it work out for them. Maybe someday one of us may need to do it.