mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Any IP address starting with 192. is a LAN IP address - no need to change it.

Is your PC LAN IP address 192.168.1.254? You've written router.

Can you ping the Dreambox from the PC?

START > run > cmd > ping 192.168.0.24

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a sky mini dish + a Dreambox 600S with Gemini- 430 and CCcam 2.0.8
My Location
Cornwall UK
OK i Have set up the communication page correctly have tried to ping the address of the box no good 100%loss time out have gone through network configurations and setup the network Local Area Connection tells me I have limited or no connectivity. Any ideas?????

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
OK for anybody interested I have figured it out. In order for the crossover cable to work I had to go to network connections right click on the LAN connection then choose Internet protocol go to properties and manually add the IP address of the box as by default it chooses an IP address manually did this and ping the address of the box and it worked excellent Thanks to everyone who helped with this problem. Before I figured this out I purchased a usb to RS232 conector to flash the box and from what Ive read this should be easier then using the crossover cable :)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Some members have had problems using USB to RS232 adapters when flashing- a null modem cable is more reliable.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
This is what I have bought _http://cgi.ebay.ie/USB-to-RS232-Serial-Null-Modem-Cable-COM-DB-9-Pin-Lead_W0QQitemZ290229782013QQihZ019QQcategoryZ41995QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262 it also has a null modem cable is this what you are referring to Also do you think it is worth a try at flashing with the crossover cable?

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
OKAY Today has been quite a succesfull day for me I have finally managed to communicate to box from laptop via crossover using this guide _http://www.dreamboxtips.com/tag/ftp/ i followed blindly and it seems to be bulletproof now i can try to understand exactly what ive done. Anyway success at last. Thanks

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I'm guessing the Wireless network configuration was working but you hadn't configured the LAN network connection?

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Okay im sure you must be as fed up with this as i am but i cannot login to my dreambox today I havent changed any settings the only changes ive made are to install CCcam 2.08 could this be the cause when i try to connect it tries for a while then fails. Ive tried rebooting checked my connections and nothing. Do i need to reflash?:-Nooo

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
I had to reflash the :toke:box tried to connect to box with flash ftp first time nothing then it worked. im happy its working but i dont know if it was something to do with my install of CCcam im not sure i did that correctly, is it a faulty connection in the box, is it my crossover cable or is it something to do with the compatability of dbox 600 gemini 4.3 and cccam 2.08 that caused this prob just hope its not a hardware issue with box

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
This is the joy of the Dreambox world- they're not perfect.

erukus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cornwall UK
Ok i have had same prob again i.e. not being able to communicate and I had to reflash again.Working again I had to think to myself what did I do in between it working and not working and the only thing I did was to flick around with the camd setup so it must be something to do with that that is stopping it from communicating. I will have to figure out how to setup camd properly can anybody shine any light on this and know how camd setting would stop communication????????What is the correct way to setup camd and CCcam? Cheers