dreambox diseqc problem.

a1424

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
glasgow
i had a mono-bloc on my 80cm dish at 19 and 13 east,and it worked great,however i decided to put on a bracket to receive 28 east as well.when i set it up i set it as a single satellite on each lnb to get the best results. 19 east coming at approx 95 % 13 east approx 88% and 28 east approx 90%.

however my problems arose when i connect the 4 way technomate switch i have set up with 4 satellites via diseqc a/b.19 east at aa number 1 on the switch,13 east at ab number 2 on switch and 28 eas on ba number 3 on switch,everything scanned fine but at lot of times when switching from satellites it come up with no signal received for a minute then it will clear,sometimes it will not clear at all,only when i reboot will it clear.it looks as if it is not switching between the Sat's,the switch was brand new,but i have had it for a few months,never found the time to go up to do the job.

does it sound as if the switch is faulty or am i missing something else.

thanks

a1424.

a1424

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
glasgow
just to follow up with some more information on this problem.i will try to explain it hopefully!!

for example if i am on channel on 28 east and i switch to channel on 13 east that is vertical the switch hangs for a minute.sometimes it comes on.or i have to change to channel that is horzontal and then the picture will clear then.also if i am viewing a channel on any sat i can change to any channel on that same sat,vertical or horzontal and it will show.

it seems to be related to changing over to sat channels that are vertical,i have changed the image on the dreambox a few times also.but to no avail.

thanks

a1424.

dhpinto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edison 1100 FTA
My Location
Portugal
I have similar problem with a IberoSat switch, any opinions??
thanks