DreamBox DM5620 vs DM7000?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hmmm. I was away for some while, so I could not add my views to this. All I can say about the subject: The 5620 is probably going to be very popular as the prices are falling, and the recording issue seems to be sorting itself out. Also, regarding the mentioned company: I did buy the receiver from them, but I thought the customer service is lacking...there was an earlier posting I did which showed a link to a dealer with cheaper prices....

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
well done on ordering a dm 7000s BonceChops. :)

BTW you dont actually end up watching much telly with it...

Most of the time you are flat out just keeping up loading the lastest images and working out which emu works best with which image etc :D

As u already have a switch make sure u set up the network IP in the DB correctly for ftp and flashing etc. I find it better to leave the DB with a static IP and not from DHCP. But maybe that is just my personal pref. Lots of good stuff to download directly from the net into the DB :D

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
That is about what I expected ;) .
I will give it a static IP same as my Kiss DVD box. That will be 2 ethernet boxes under the TV :) .
I wonder if I can stream TV to my work PC with it :D.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
ummmm thanks mate :-cheers

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
Well it's arrived!! :) Dreambox 7000 that is.

Only trouble is I am stuck here at work until 9.45PM O-no

I hope there are no dibble on the moterway going home :D

Neil

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
I hope there are no dibble on the moterway going home

Murphy - speed of motorway inversely proportional to the urgency that u need to get home by :D

I am running the latest hydra7000_atlantis img and seems quite nice.
u might want to go back to rdgd5 though.

tsd

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
@theslydog

Thanks for the suggestion of the hydra image. It is working ok as far as I can tell so far. Just trying to get all the sats set up. I thought this box was supposed to find the sats and channels on it's own. I am using an SG2100 HH mount straight out of the box and it supports goto function. I must be doing something wrong LOL.

Neil

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you enter your coordinates it should find the sats.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
I thought so but it did not seem to move the dish while searching for transponders. It must be me.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to select the sats first, otherwise it would look for everything in the list.

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
You might also have to mannually move the SG2100 to 0 deg, reset it and go from there.

U think ur having fun now...wait till u try to work out the conf files for xcam, newcamd, evocamd plus and the like... :D

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
When I send the goto zero command from the dreambox it does goto zero. I programmed a couple of sats manually 1 west and 13 east using the goto position number that is pre stored in the positioner and only had to fine tune position a little. Maybe I should have sent the goto position 1 west first. Then adjusted dish for best signal. The odd thing when I try and search for mulitiple sats is the box just sits there saying searching for transponder but never tries to move the dish. When it has searched all transponders it just says it could not find anything.

Maybe I will clear flash (again) and start again. I will reset positioner as well. I like the SG2100 because it has a button on it for moving the dish while up the ladder. Good for seeing if the dish will hit the wall. Mine is an old 1m Lenson Heath on 18" T&K's so it is clear for full motor movement.

Neil

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Bonechops
There are sometimes problems with the sat finding with "improved" images. What I do is to find one sat with a good reception, and manually move the dish until I get the best signal. Don't forget to store the position, then do an automatic transponder search just on that one. Afterwards, I go to motor setup, choose the next sat I want to use and manually move the dish and so on. As long as I save the positions it will always find it. I know it can find it on its own, but it drove me crazy with some images. Even though it is a bit more work it does work. Don't forget to save all your settings with Llama afterwards, so if you have to put in a new image you won't have to rescan everything again.
Another interesting feature to use is the Satellite XML loader plugin. You have to be connected to the internet, and it askd you to choose which sats you are interested in. It then automatically downloads those directly from Lyngsat. So then you only have a smaller number of sats on your list, and that makes using some of the features easier.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
I will have to try that. The box connects to my router so it is online. I might install an official image. Try the sat find then save settings and reload the hydra7000 I am trying

Neil

jhscuk

Reaction score
Can any confirm whether this is true. http://www.satellitecentre.co.uk/ is selling a Dreambox 7000S with built in Dragon Cam and X-Cam for £275 inclusive of P&P. I presume built in means both the CI slots are used up. Many thanks.

JH

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The DB has them onboard, this is no different from any of the other DBs on sale, you can get the same model, but with a 120GB hard drive for £305 from somewhere like hm-sat.de.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, don't understand, what or who is Lawrance?

jhscuk

Reaction score
Re: #37

Thanks rolfw. I finally get the concept of the DB - built in cam is software driven. Shame on me coming from an IT support background. I think it has to be DB 7000S but will get the HD in the uk (120gb WD 5400rpm - £45). Still need to read up on the 5400 vs 7200rpm HD. I know that Hitachi and Samsung 7200rpm drives are very quiet and cooler than other brands. Will check compatibility.

JH