Dreambox driving me insane!

tid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500S
My Location
Nottingham
I've been happily working with Dbox's on cable for several years now, and recently aquired a Dreambox Dm500s. There seem to a lot more websites and information available for Dreamboxes, so I didnt expect to have many problems in getting it up and running. However, after many hours of reading and tinkering with my dreambox, I am still unable to view encrypted channels.

Equipment
Dreambox DM500s
Fixed single satellite dish
Router with Internet connection

What I have done so far
Flashed Dreambox with Gemini Project 3.60 DM500 MaxVar
Configured box for internet access
Downloaded and installed Evocamd 2.16 from blue panel
Downloaded and installed Evocamd configuration files from blue panel
Download latest Satankeybundle, copy to tmp folder, manually install
CHMOD the contents of var/scce and var/keys (is this correct?)

After scanning, I get 51 channels on Astra 19.2 (a lot seem to be missing), and can view the free tv channels, but just get a black screen when trying to view encrypted channels. I have tried different images and different EMU's, but still have not had any success. I've also copied the satankeyupdater script to the box, run the script - so it would definately appear to have the latest keys installed. Is there something that I have missed out or need to configure ?

Also, is there a place I can get a decent channel for the UK ? Most of the lists out there seem to be for the USA or Europe.

Help, this is driving me mad!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

Are you 100% sure you're pointing at 19.2E? It may be pointing elsewhere and is just picking up the strongest channels.

One option is to upload a channel list e.g. PET123 (google it), select a channel that you dont' get/ haven't found and adjust the dish postion until you get it. This assumes you have a big enough dish, line of sight etc.

Have you set Evocamd as your default emu? The channel to test it with is Premiere but you need to sort the dish out first.
I use DCcamd for Premiere but other other emus may have caught up again.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
When You do the search make sure U tick all else U get just the FTA´s

tid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500S
My Location
Nottingham
Thank you for the responses. When configuring the satellite, it only shows Astra 19.2 on the list. When scanning, it picks up sky movie and sports channels and some FTA channels. The EPG loads for all channels, even the encrypted channels which I cannot view. When scanning, I dont even get Premiere on the list!

When referring to adjusting the dish position, I take it you mean the dish settings on the Dreambox ? All the channels are available when using a standard sky plus box.

I will do some more reading on the satellite configuration and double check all the satellite settings and let you know how I get on.

Evocamd is definately set as the default cam. I have also tried with other cams as my default, but still have the same result.

Once again, thank your for your assistance.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Try another cam camd3 or mgcamd. satans keys might be outdated. Delete the evocamd and use another one, config it with the remote as well. then reboot or reset cam to activate it. Common if you can do a d you can do this.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
tid said:
Thank you for the responses. When configuring the satellite, it only shows Astra 19.2 on the list. When scanning, it picks up sky movie and sports channels and some FTA channels. The EPG loads for all channels, even the encrypted channels which I cannot view. When scanning, I dont even get Premiere on the list!
I may be completely wrong here but it sounds to me like your dish may be pointing at 28.2 Astra 2 not 19.2 Astra1 what FTA channels are you receiving and on what frequencies?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
When configuring the satellite, it only shows Astra 19.2 on the list.

You've chosen one single satellite in Satellite Configuration?

As said in two posts now- your dish isn't pointing at 19.2E. How did you set the dish up?

The emu is also irrelevant until the dish is setup correctly.

tid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500S
My Location
Nottingham
Thanks again for all the replies. I tried dowloading the pet123 channel list, and this did show all the channels, but as most of them were on Astra 2 (28.2), and I didnt have this a selectable satellite on the list (it only showed Astra 19.2) I got a black screen when trying to view a channel.

I selected reset to factory image, and started from scratch. When selecting the satellite DiSEcQ, I chose single satellite with 1 LNB. After setting this, I manually went into the satellites configuration and managed to select Astra 2 (28.2) and got the complete set of channels listed after a 20 minute transponder scan.

A full list of what I done
1. Reset to factory
2. Copied to the following files to TMP via DCC:
e1-CCcam_2.0.3_070805.tar.gz
evocamd_2.15_upd_070620.tar.gz
mgcamd_1_1_[1].20.tar.bz2
satankeybundle 16[1].08.07.tar.bz2
3. Installed the cams & satankey bundle through the manual install option in the blue panel.
4. CHMOD 755 to:
var/keys (including nagra folder and contents)
var/scee
var/bin
5. Selected Astra 2 (28.2) manually from satellite configuration
6. Ran automatic transponder scan

I now have a full set of channels and working FTA's and EPG, but I still can not view the magic channels - just get a blank screen. I have tried switching the cams, but none of them work. To me this sounds like an issue with the keys, but I'm assuming the satankey bundle installs all the required components for all the cams.

Is there some configuration that I am missing somewhere ?

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
it soudns like your trying to view encrypted channels on 28.2? none of the sky channels can be unlocked using satan key bundle or any other key files only using "sharing" can it be done.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
tid said:
I now have a full set of channels and working FTA's and EPG, but I still can not view the magic channels - just get a blank screen. I have tried switching the cams, but none of them work. To me this sounds like an issue with the keys, but I'm assuming the satankey bundle installs all the required components for all the cams.

Is there some configuration that I am missing somewhere ?

No you are not missing any configuration at all! Sky is not compromised it is totally secure, I have no idea what has made you think otherwise, certainly nothing posted on this forum. What you are able to do is watch sky on your dreambox with a valid subscription and card but nothing else in the way that you appear to have been hoping. :eek:

tid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500S
My Location
Nottingham
Thanks again for the replies. I guess have misunderstood the capabilities of the dreambox. I expected the Dreambox to work in a similar way to a Dbox - ie, configure the box, upload the keys then view encrypted channels.

Does anyone have any links or tutorials on how to get card sharing to work with the Dreambox, as ultimately this is what I am trying to achieve.

bigfish1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
My Location
Egham, Surrey
you can view encrpted cahnnels with keys what you say is right it works in a similar war but none of the sky encrpted channels are unlockable via any key filess or on any box. Google card sharing forum and you will find lots.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Is your dish pointing at 19.2E or 28.2E?

tid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500S
My Location
Nottingham
Satellite is now pointing to 28.2, and I am recieving the full list of channels.

Is gbox the best plugin to use for card sharing ?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
CCcam is the other option.