dreambox freezes

I do not know if everybody have the same problem but after watching a channel for about 20 minutes or so, the DB freezes and does not decode anything.
I will have to restart it every time which is a bit annoying.
I have tried many images without success. I have a db 7000 by the way.
Any chance of fixing this problem?

easysat

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I haven't seen this problem with my Dreambox. My one sometimes freezes when I switch channels, perhaps because there is some error in the channel list.

I wonder if your box is overheating. Does the problem come back immediately when you restart the box?

the problem does come back after a while. Let put it this way, I can not keep the DB decoding channels for more than 20 minutes without having to restart it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like Easysat may have hit the nail on the head there Samlam, what is your average temperature there at the moment?

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, I meant where are you, are you in the UK, or in a hotter country, ambient temperature can be a huge factor in the performance of satellite receivers, particularly those with a hard working processor and hard drive.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
OK, is your unit in a cabinet with other receivers and does it feel hot?