Dreambox keys premium channels info

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Hi M8s,

What are the premium channels (including french channels) I can receive on my dreambox 5620s on Astra, Hotbird, Eurobird and Eutelsat?

I have changed more than 10 images but the box decodes only basic channel. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to update the keys etc? Please advice on the software you normally use to update your keys and the encryption system which has been h&cked.

Please point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hey Phoenix

I suppose as you have been reading a bit more about the Dreambox in this Forum you have detected what is possible or not. To list all would be too boring, but basically there is a lot of stuff that can be seen. The main stuff is Sly Italiya on 13, Taqqilla on 19. Multivision 1 to 8 as well, and Dutch channels +++.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
cfphoenix said:
Hi M8s,

What are the premium channels (including french channels) I can receive on my dreambox 5620s on Astra, Hotbird, Eurobird and Eutelsat?
Without trying to sound patronising, which I'm really not trying to be, my advice to you would be to pick one image which you can load onto your Dreambox, and which you know to be fairly stable. Don't keep jumping from one to the other. It's going to get you nowhere fast. Just pick one.

I don't have a 5620, I have a 7000, so I don't know the differences in the images, but that doesn't matter. Master the image. Make it your plaything. Understand every option on every menu. If there is something you don't understand, search it out on the internet until you do. Virtually all the answers are already out there. Connect your 5620 to your PC, install an FTP client and drill down through every file hierarchy and check every file until you know it better than the back of the toilet door. Press all the buttons. Do it all.

Then you will know as much as you need to know.

Sorry if that sounds like a load of sh!t, but it's true.

:)

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Thanks... I have a lot to learn...Just got the box this week and sorting myself out.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Stick gets answer of the week award for the 3rd time! Two more times and you can keep the award for a year!!!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, BTW my wireless how-to is written, just tidying it up...;)

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Hi T_G and all,

I have found that my 90cm dish which I bought off ebay was cr&*!p (I am selling it off ebay again and I wouldn't advise anybody to buy it :)).

I bought an 80cm high gain dish from liddl for £13.99 this week (I bought 2 in fact, one I kept under the bed as reserve), fixed 3 LNBs on that (Middle for hotbird, SNR 80%, right (from behind the dish) for Astra 19.2, SNR 75% and left for Eutelsat W3, SNR, 75-77%).

Following your advice, I am currently using the I have a dream version 4 image and am getting Taquilla x, xx, free x tv, xdream tv loud and clear :). However, full X1 and Full X2 is freezing (Could you confirm that).

Cheers.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Good man, I'm pleased for ya.

I don't think I get free x tv, xdream tv, full X1 and full X2. I tried once, but that was a while ago.
If you're getting Taq and Sly It (and if you're not, you want to), then you'll have more than you could possibly watch. Of everything.

I'm a bit worried about what will happen if you fart in bed though...

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cfphoenix said:
Hi T_G and all,

Following your advice, I am currently using the I have a dream version 4 image and am getting Taquilla x, xx, free x tv, xdream tv loud and clear :). However, full X1 and Full X2 is freezing (Could you confirm that).

Cheers.

Well, tell you the truth I haven't been looking into that as I am not too bothered about watching that stuff (for me all that matters is watching football and movies...) But there seems to be occasionally issues with freezing. Usually I a reboot will clear this, I have a feeling it comes more often when switching between the two EMUS. But all these versions are still beta, it is only a matter of time before they will sort it out. I will keep you informed.

Just been around the German site, there is a possibility that they will remove some of the fullx/freex stuff as it seems to cause some of the freezing to other channels as well. I believe it has to do with the Kernel they are using. As i said, it will be solved. I am staying with that image for the meanwhile.

crwh

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if I need a particular sat dish, or can I use the 80cm dish I used for analogue (with digital LN:cool:? Also, do I need to connect my dreambox5026s to a computer first in order to receive channels, or can I recieve channels immediately simply by plugging it in?

crwh

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
crwh said:
Could anyone tell me if I need a particular sat dish, or can I use the 80cm dish I used for analogue (with digital LN:cool:? Also, do I need to connect my dreambox5026s to a computer first in order to receive channels, or can I recieve channels immediately simply by plugging it in?

crwh

Hi Crwh (how do you pronounce that??? Sounds like asthma to me O-Ha )
A dish is a dish is a dish. No analogue-digital divide there.

You can connect your DB to the dish and watch FTA stuff. You might need to setup the dish and then scan for all the channels.
Without a computer however you cannot take advantage of all the wonderful stuf you can do with a dreambox, such as settings saving and loading images.
If you just want a digital receiver to watch FTA there may be cheaper alternatives.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
T_G said:
Hey Phoenix

I suppose as you have been reading a bit more about the Dreambox in this Forum you have detected what is possible or not. To list all would be too boring, but basically there is a lot of stuff that can be seen. The main stuff is Sly Italiya on 13, Taqqilla on 19. Multivision 1 to 8 as well, and Dutch channels +++.

Hey T_G
Is there finger trouble here...
I thought we didnt have Sly on 13 and Taq on 19.
MV 1-8 yes
C+ nordic yes
Or am I paying price for not checking daily, or not having a proper card.

And to underline Stick. After a first week of headless chicken flashing and re-flashing any image I could find, like someone discovering s_x, I stuck to Hydra Lucien despite the naff start-up. Then I just eavesdropped and chatted about it here and in other forums. For the moment, I'll stick with the old bird and learn from her.

And here, for someone just about to flash or re-flash, is a way to learn, that I just know you won't want to try. But it will plod it out:
Get an ftp connection going as soon as you have done the flash erase after flashing.
i.e set IP connection parameters but don't load anything else, nor connect to lnb.
- So in your web browser, type in ftp://192.168.0.24 or whatever.
- Open the /var directory and open each directory in turn, display the contents in "view -> details" mode.
- Print the window for each directory.
- Write on the paper, "Flash erase:.
- Now scan for your channels.
- repeat procedure for printing contents of directories.
- Write on the paper, "Channel setting"
What now follows is for Hydra Lucien but there is a simiar process for other images
- Download the latest control panel, (exit)
- repeat procedure for printing contents of directories. (gets tedious doesnt it?)
- Write on the paper, "Control panel"
- Download Mary's key bundle. (exit)
- repeat procedure for printing contents of directories. (this one really teaches)
- Write on the paper, "Mary's keys"
- Download a new softcam that wasn't there in Hydra image
- repeat procedure for printing contents of directories.
- Write on the paper "Name of Softcam"

You now have printed out, the changes that occur in directories when you download important things like keys and softcams.

So when the day comes that the Hydra Lucien (or your fav) software writers accept a lucrative offer to go and work for TPS or C+, and the download site ceases, you have a chance to download keys for yourself and put them where they should go.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
haggard said:
I thought we didnt have Sly on 13 and Taq on 19.
MV 1-8 yes
C+ nordic yes
Or am I paying price for not checking daily, or not having a proper card.

Think you'll find T_Gs post was some time ago when these channels were working.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
Think you'll find T_Gs post was some time ago when these channels were working.

Ah yes; old thread was re-activated.
In fact I never apologised for my role in stopping Sly Ital.
I had just got my new DB, loaded first image and keys,
switched to Sly and bang, I found out by reading posts, it had stopped 10 mins before I tried.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
August seems like a million years ago now...

Still have some unwatched PF movies on my HDD to cheer me up through the winter though!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
@ cfphoenix

ive not been at this dreambox thing for years either, and im still learning all the time.... but my advice would be this.

pick one image you like and stick to it...
find a good softcam, and stick to it
scan for all the satellites you want and scan the transponders.... then leave your box alone...
when updating keys, do it from the PC, its safer

DONT... think the grass is greener and change image (unless you really have too)
DONT... think other softcams will decode more channels (they wont)
DONT... get greedy and keep trying to scan for more channels, be happy with what youve got
DONT... keep downloading cams, keys, and sofware apps etc direct from the Dreambox

if you go against my advice, be ready to FLASH ERASE! your box and spend alot of time in the motor setup menu every couple of days :(

i know this because, like everything else in life.... ive learned the hard way.

mind you, im the dogs bollox at finding my satellites in motor setup now ;)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
RedDevil_UK said:
@ cfphoenix

ive not been at this dreambox thing for years either, and im still learning all the time.... but my advice would be this.

pick one image you like and stick to it...
find a good softcam, and stick to it
scan for all the satellites you want and scan the transponders.... then leave your box alone...
when updating keys, do it from the PC, its safer

DONT... think the grass is greener and change image (unless you really have too)
DONT... think other softcams will decode more channels (they wont)
DONT... get greedy and keep trying to scan for more channels, be happy with what youve got
DONT... keep downloading cams, keys, and sofware apps etc direct from the Dreambox

if you go against my advice, be ready to FLASH ERASE! your box and spend alot of time in the motor setup menu every couple of days :(

i know this because, like everything else in life.... ive learned the hard way.

mind you, im the dogs bollox at finding my satellites in motor setup now ;)
Ahhh, you are wiser than your sat-years would suggest...:)

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
aye, this is true.... and im still not wise enough :)

but i got a Dreambox because i like a challenge, i think i got one lol

Dreambox is a bit like a PC, only instead of cocking up then having to format C: and reinstall windows!!
now we have to find satellites :) ahh what fun.

i cant think of anything better than coming home from work and waving my dish east to west and back again..... dunno what the nighbours think lol

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
RedDevil_UK said:
aye, this is true.... and im still not wise enough :)

but i got a Dreambox because i like a challenge, i think i got one lol

Dreambox is a bit like a PC, only instead of cocking up then having to format C: and reinstall windows!!
now we have to find satellites :) ahh what fun.

i cant think of anything better than coming home from work and waving my dish east to west and back again..... dunno what the nighbours think lol

Well RD, as always there are some things I agree with and some I don't.
First the agree: Manchester United are the best O-Ha
But seriously: Regarding changing images or cams for the sake of change then it is best left alone. As you have pointed out you might find what you got before is not better than the one you had.
On the other hand, I have not had an image until now other than 1 maybe that I deemed to be good enough to leave for a long time. All the images have some annoying things, so I keep trying all the time to find the holy grail of Images. I got pretty useful changing images now, i got them set up in no time.

And finally: There is actually a very good tool I use to cut down the problems with bad images. It is called Flashwizzard 4, and lets you do a complete backup of the image you have on your box. The good thing is that it saves EVERYTHING, including settings, sat positions and emus. It is pretty straight forward to use, and does not take too long. Can be found on the IHAD site in the download section. So if the new image you put on is crap, all you need to do is load up the backup file, takes about 2-3 minutes and you are exactly where you were before!

Regarding scanning for channels: I find it easier to download them from the various sites and load them up using the dreamboxedit, can't be bothered with scanning. takes too long.