Dreambox + keys

hargasser

Reaction score
Hi there, can anyone explain to me how to enter keys into an dreambox image. i've entered the ops keys and it works for some providers but not for others, do i need masterkeys? where can i get them? thanks a lot

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Which Dreambox do you have?

Which image are you running, and which firmware version is it based on?

Which CAM's do you have installed, and which versions are they?

Which satellites are you interested in, and which providers/bouquets?

Do you have a network connection into your Dreambox, and do you have an FTP client?

And just so we get the full picture, what dish/motor/lnb do you have, and where are you?

... and you thought that YOU were asking the questions? :D

STICK

hargasser

Reaction score
Hi, dreambox is 5602, i have an image named !!56xxx, no idea what that means or stands for, i don't have any cam's but got some networks opened already. i'm interested in HRT, Canal+ espana and sky italia. i access my dreambox via a nul modem cabel, thanks for your reply

BGonaSTICK said:
Which Dreambox do you have?

Which image are you running, and which firmware version is it based on?

Which CAM's do you have installed, and which versions are they?

Which satellites are you interested in, and which providers/bouquets?

Do you have a network connection into your Dreambox, and do you have an FTP client?

And just so we get the full picture, what dish/motor/lnb do you have, and where are you?

... and you thought that YOU were asking the questions? :D

STICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Sorry, when I said CAM's, I meant s*ftcams, like SCAM, Newcamd etc...

If you don't understand what these are, or don't have any installed, then that is your problem in a nutshell. If you can confirm that, then we can help you further. Also, what does it say on your boot-up screen?

STICK

hargasser

Reaction score
how can i find out whetgwe or not i have cams installed? by the way i don't get a boot up screen, in terms of packages i get S*R*G, T*S, O*R*F, SLovenia
thanks for your patience

BGonaSTICK said:
Sorry, when I said CAM's, I meant s*ftcams, like SCAM, Newcamd etc...

If you don't understand what these are, or don't have any installed, then that is your problem in a nutshell. If you can confirm that, then we can help you further. Also, what does it say on your boot-up screen?

STICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If you press the blue button, do you get a control panel which enables you to look at the s*ftcams, or 'emus' installed?
If yes, then let me know what you find, if not (which I suspect) then you really need to install a new image (preferably based on the V1.08 official firmware release). Have a read through the Dreambox section here, and look for some posts by a member called T_G, as he has done a fair amount of digging into the 56xx images available.

If you choose to go this way, it will save you a lot of hassle, as everything you need to do the decrypting is already built-in and tested. All you have to do then is to update the keys and cams once in a while.

Get back to me if you need any further info after you've done your research.

STICK

barre

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
If you press the blue button, do you get a control panel which enables you to look at the s*ftcams, or 'emus' installed?
If yes, then let me know what you find, if not (which I suspect) then you really need to install a new image (preferably based on the V1.08 official firmware release). Have a read through the Dreambox section here, and look for some posts by a member called T_G, as he has done a fair amount of digging into the 56xx images available.

If you choose to go this way, it will save you a lot of hassle, as everything you need to do the decrypting is already built-in and tested. All you have to do then is to update the keys and cams once in a while.

Get back to me if you need any further info after you've done your research.

STICK
OK then, I have a similar problem...
I've managed to install some emus on top of rudream. When using the blue button, I get a emu screen, where I can select an EMU, and then some assign buttons (channel, bouquet), and a button to do some key 'editing'.
What do I have to do from here?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
barre said:
OK then, I have a similar problem...
I've managed to install some emus on top of rudream. When using the blue button, I get a emu screen, where I can select an EMU, and then some assign buttons (channel, bouquet), and a button to do some key 'editing'.
What do I have to do from here?

Stick and T-G and others go beyond the call of duty when answering posts like this. But we all started from scratch and I tip my hat to those who helped me.
Here's my pennyworth to barre and hargasser:
From your postings, I do not think you have read all the threads in this D/B section of the forum. You must do.
Also you must google for other forums and read those as well.
You must buy yourself a blank notebook and keep a log/diary of everything you do.
Make notes of the images you try.
Go to the official D/B site and download all the instructions on how to flash and read them more than once before you start.
I assume your box is connected to the internet so it can go immediately for updates and keys. If it isnt, then you are not going to make much progress.
- Start with the official D/B image and get used to all the menus and controls. This should be the one installed when you get the box. Spend a day or two on this and so you know what the box is supposed to do with a standard image, before you use something with 'hacked' additions. These hacks are essentially brilliant, but so is the space shuttle and look what heppens to that.
- Move on to an image with extra facilities and there are many of these; ruDream and Hydra are two I have tried and I will work thru as many as I can. So should you. Just make sure, as told to me by others in this forum, that you completely erase the old image before laying in the new one.
- Try out the menus now with these images installed and explore the blue button. Make the box download things that you want, like softcams and keys. If you talk in the forum, a cam is a pcmcia card that goes in the CI slot; a piece of hardware. A softcam is a cam emu(lator), a piece of software.
- All the time, you have kept notes so you know exactly which version of e.g. hydra you used and what you were able to achive with it.
- You might want to google for what are called 'illegal' images, such as ruCannon. Try that and see what happens oin the menus.
- Have a lot of fun. That's what its all about.
- When you have tried everything, there will be an image that you found easiest to handle.
- Finally, you read thru your notes and tell us about any 'funnies' you encountered. Then you have paid something back.

But let me say something else.
If you do not know how to configure a LAN, at home on broadband,
if you do not know the difference between dchp and manual IP
if you dont know what subnet mask to apply, not what dsn name to insert, then you learning curve will be very shallow. You may have bought the wrong box.
If you are going to panic when you have installed an image and nothing works anymore like a frozen LCD or a box that wont boot or respond to the remote, then dont put in a new image until you know extactly what to do under these circumstances. T_G only needed to null-modem once but lesser mortals like us might need it more often. I suggest you should get a null-modem serial cable all ready, just for the rainy day.
But if you know these things, then enjoy.

barre

Reaction score
haggard said:
Stick and T-G and others go beyond the call of duty when answering posts like this. But we all started from scratch and I tip my hat to those who helped me.
Here's my pennyworth to barre and hargasser:.......;

......But if you know these things, then enjoy.
To start of with, thanks to react on my post.

I knew the DB was gonna take up some spare time, but I did not imagine it to be a full time occupancy...
anyway, I have fooled around with some images, I have put my DB on the net, quite easily in fact, I'v installed some EMUS, I've read other forums (I guess I'm registered on about four or five).

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
- You might want to google for what are called 'illegal' images, such as ruCannon. Try that and see what happens oin the menus.
The suspense is killing me :rolleyes: - please tell me what ruCannon does

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
It just include the EMUs and keys.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, we all had difficult starts, fellow dreamers. I think I was the first one on this forum to get a 5620, and not even the mighty Rolf knew exactly what the differences are between the two boxes...I did put on a wrong image, I did not know how to network, I still not 100% on certain EMU stuff, but within a week i was up-and-running and watching football :-) But as my learned dreamer Haggard said, all that is needed is a bit of time, writing down what you did and most importantly: Don"t be afraid to try things out. As far as I have understood it is very difficult to really "Kill" a DB, a null modem will usually restore things. No risk no fun!!!