DreamBox Keys

marcalhon

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
Hi, i have a dreambox 5620 with the gemini image! is there any addon i can install to change the keys with the control??

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Welcome to the forum Marcalhon.
I am not sure your question is clear. Do you want to install new keys, or update them? Are you connected to the internet?
If you are, you can do all the stuff via the blue button on the remote.

I suggest you read a little bit in about that stuff in the dreambox section, ther eis enough info there. Also, have a look at the idiot guide

marcalhon

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
n/a
Thanks for the reply, but the dram is not connected to the internet, and i want some addon that can allow me to enter the keys values with the dreambox controller! i saw already something but it's not for this version of software

T_G said:
Welcome to the forum Marcalhon.
I am not sure your question is clear. Do you want to install new keys, or update them? Are you connected to the internet?
If you are, you can do all the stuff via the blue button on the remote.

I suggest you read a little bit in about that stuff in the dreambox section, ther eis enough info there. Also, have a look at the idiot guide

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
marcalhon said:
Thanks for the reply, but the dram is not connected to the internet, and i want some addon that can allow me to enter the keys values with the dreambox controller! i saw already something but it's not for this version of software

please give more information

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Welcome to the forum Marcalhon

I dont have an internet connection to the dreambox either. But you need to get the keys from a web site and then load them manually into the box. From the IHAD website they are tar.bz2 compressed files for the gemini image. You need to ftp these files from your PC to the var/temp folder in the box. Then manually load them.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The easiest way is using a PC to FTP the keys to your Dreambox (as whatsthis says). Entering them via the remote would take ages and be prone to mistakes...

And you must have a PC- how would you add the add-on otherwise? ;)

(if you really must, have a look at dreamboxworld or satfree.nl- they may have something).