DreamBox + Motorised analogue system

B

bob49

Hi,

I've got a 1m gregorian dish that is driven using a Pace analogue receiver with a standard 36-volt positioner. I am considering updating and the idea of a DreamBox appeals - it could then converse with my Tivo as they both speak linux!

From what I have read, I could buy a V-box which converts Diseq to 36V signals and then the dreamBox could control the dish.

As an alternative, can I use the analogue receiver to steer the dish to a particular satellite and then switch back to the DreamBox to pick up the digital transmissions. Would this be a bit clumsy?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Bob

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The VBOX would be by far the neatest option, but you could use your analogue receiver to do the driving, providing you get your switching right (or use a twin LN:cool:. Do you still want to use the analogue box as well as the Dreambox, or only as a positioner?

B

bob49

Thanks for the reply - it confirms what I thought - it is possible but not very tidy.

The reason for using the analogue receiver as a positioner is because it's sitting there unused at the moment, and it seems a shame not to use it for something, even if there is very little analogue stuff I'm interested in.

I've got a Smart switch that sends the satellite signal to whichever receiver is switched on - again a bit clumsy but OK for occasional moves from one satellite to another.

Looks like the VBOX is the way to go .. eventually.

D

djlemur

My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
bob49 said:
...it could then converse with my Tivo as they both speak linux!
Intriging, Watson.
The TIVO understands NDS (with a kosha card of course) and is based on linux, I wonder if the TIVO app could be "ported" onto a DM??00...;)