Linux Ver 2.6.9
Firmware Rel 1.5.0
Gemini 4.3
Camd 3.90
Camd config3.897
K*ys 07.04.08
DCC, Dreambox Edit , Flashwizard Pro 6.3
Vista / XP network

First I have to say a big, big thank you to all the people who wrote the various parts of the Ultimate Idiot Guide for Idiots, including DCG for the Quick and Dirty, The person who wrote Dream box :- How to, Randandy for Dreambox 7020 for Newbies 1.7, and all the posts in the various forums which provided help to others including posts by T_G, Gameboy, Lovelyperson, mhku, HB13DISH ---- SORRY I cant go on as the list is endless.
One thing that has been said dozens and dozens of times in the forums, is read the Idiots Guides, this is probably the best bit of advice there is as most of the information is there.
The Story.
10 days ago the DM7020si arrived, I eagerly unpacked the box and proceeded to get it going with the help of “The quick and dirty guide to dream box” ( thanks again ), sorted out a problem with a suspect USB stick by changing for another, 4hours lost , loaded Gemini , blue panel, download and install Cam and Cam config file, found that the locks had indeed been changed on the house and car, went hunting and I finally found some that looked ok, great or was it as they did not fit the locks or have I done something wrong,
Re-read the notes, posts, and guides.
Started again, factory reset , format USB etc, etc, and keys still did not fit, --- Thought I must have missed something again. Back to the drawing board re-read every thing again and found Dreambox 7020 for Newbies 1.7, read this over and over again, and started yet again.
Finally after 6 days playing the DM burst into life ( it is a dream box , it really is ) change channel and black screen, don’t celebrate yet, restart Cam, behold a picture, change channel and no picture, restart cam and get a picture. This cant be right having to restart the Cam on every channel change, back to reading, can’t find anything, so have a play with various settings inside the blue panel , don’t know what I did but now change channels and do get a picture, great I thought a good night ahead watching football, it was a great afternoon and evening, and so to bed, shutdown DM via menu, turn off the television and have lots of sweet dreams.
The following morning woke with a smile on my face, turned on the DM and the Television and I am now back to having to reset the cam every time I change channel, now not a happy bunny as it was working last night, have the gremlins got into the house last night because of the keys issue ???. Wish I knew.
I then thought I will go to the backup I had made while it was working, loaded the backup with FW PRO and reinstalled the satellites using Dreambox Edit ( I learnt the hard way about that before ), but would it work, no way. Worse than ever.
I then reloaded from the USB the image that had been working the previous night and deleted the backup I had loaded, restarted the box and it is a dream box once again.
Now if I change channels I don’t have to restart the cam, great !!!
Then I thought do I dare shut down the DM before I go to bed.
Will it still work in the morning if I do.
More to the point what did I do wrong when it did not work and what did I do right when it did work, Answer :- I haven’t got a clue, and dare I touch it when the family is watching the television, and if I do will I miss the football this week.
I think I will leave it as it is at the moment ( everbody now shouts Chicken ),but does anyone have any ideas as to the restarting of the cam at each channel change.
A note of caution to anyone who has the computer at the other end of the house to where the television is, you may get comments as to the purchase of new carpets as the route used is getting worn out, ( or use a wireless adaptor ).
Any comments or observations would be welcome.
Once again thanks to everybody for the posts , guides etc, because without them the DM would still be as out of the box.#
Kindest regards

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Well done and also, welcome to the forum.

I may miss one of your questions (a few carriage returns makes lots of text easier to read ;) ) but I find CCcam is the best/ easiest all-in-one emu to use and no need to restart it- just set it as your default emu (cam).

You don't mention where/ how you get your keys; the HackSat plugin is easy to use (I'm not sure on the satan key updater as I could never get it to work on a 7020).

10 days from start to end is pretty good- seem to remember it took me 2 weeks just to set my bloody dish up correctly!

charly20

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
My Location
Belgium
yes indeed the Dreambox can be intimidating at first. It was for me. But with time, patience and perseverance, one can master it and derive great joy and pleasure.

Don't give up!

gsteigwiler

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020HD / DM800HD
Dream Elite 4.0
CCcam/Scam/gbox
Motorised 1Metre dish
Sony 40 inch Full HD TV
Vista Network
My Location
East Anglia
mhku.
Sorry about no keys info, I got them from h**p://dvb.lv/ just a straight download and unzip after scanning etc.

Thanks for info about CCcam, I will put it on TO TRY LIST after this weeks football matches.

Regards