Dreambox Password

ceevee

Reaction score
Website
www.ceevee.info
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500 connected to 6MB ADSL Internet, with Gbox on a 1.2 satellite Dish.
My Location
Malta
Hello... I hope some one can help me. Till yesterday I could log on to my dreambox using Dreambox edit to edit the channel line up. Today for some reason the program is telling me to check my username and password. I didn't change any passwords or any thing... I do not know why it's giving me this error. The IP is working perfectly, it's just the username and/or password that is wrong... or at least that's the error DreamBox Edit is giving me. Can any one let me know whats the problem? Or else, can any one direct me of how to check the password which is set on my dreambox and check if it's the same as on Dream Box Edit?

Is there a way from the Dreambox it's self for me to find the password and check if it matches the one which is set on the Dreambox edit program?

I'm on CS.

Many thanks for you help!!!
smile.gif

brewby

Reaction score
The default user and pass on a dreambox 500s is root and dreambox.
If you have'nt changed it, it should still be the same, try entering it again in dream edit.

ceevee

Reaction score
Website
www.ceevee.info
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500 connected to 6MB ADSL Internet, with Gbox on a 1.2 satellite Dish.
My Location
Malta
So... here is what i've done.. I installed the Tux Box Commander and I deleted the password that was on the dreambox. Now there is no password... What username and password do i have to write in the dreambox edit?

Thanks for your help guys!! :)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
As Brewby says
User Root
P/Word Dreambox

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
It's case sensitive:

root
dreambox

is more likely ;)

ceevee

Reaction score
Website
www.ceevee.info
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malta
Hi Guys... it's me again pastering you! MHKU i've installed TUXBOX, however I don't think i seem to have re-setting my password to make it Root as log in and dreambox as password. Can any one please help me and give me the instructions of how to re-set the password so I can once again start logging in with my Dream Box edit! :) May thanks for your BIG help!!

Obywans

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
****************.org
My Satellite Setup
kaon 570 & DreamBox 500s http://*************.org/
My Location
Spain
telnet
user root
pass dreambox
paswd
NewPass
NewPass
:)

heye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have only a PC and good internet connection.
My Location
sweden
I had same problem like TS and I have done the step you guys have explain for TS how to remove password, I have revomed and now I can't telnet dreambox at CMD I get error also the can't send also denied. what can I do? what is problem any way?

maximus2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500S
My Location
morocco
heye said:
I had same problem like TS and I have done the step you guys have explain for TS how to remove password, I have revomed and now I can't telnet dreambox at CMD I get error also the can't send also denied. what can I do? what is problem any way?

telnet your Dreambox with user root and password ---->empty

heye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have only a PC and good internet connection.
My Location
sweden
maximus2 said:
telnet your Dreambox with user root and password ---->empty

I installed the Tux Box Commander and I deleted the password that was on the dreambox. Now there is no password...

Were to telnet my Dreambox?

Reaction score
when i opened tuxbox commander it says enter your password ? i am doin this becaise i lost my password how i am supposed to enter my password ?