Dreambox power up problem.

damien_thorn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7000 paperweight
Since I bought my Dreambox D7000 if I turn it off via the main power button rather than standby it will then not turn back on unless i remove the power cable and re-insert. Anybody else had this problem? Is this is a hardware or software fault?

Thanks!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
damien_thorn said:
Anybody else had this problem?

Never had that problem - have you tried pressing all three buttons on the front at the same time?

vvv14

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
me
Damien, had the same problem since i bought it. Thought it was a bug with my box, but since i installed hydra phoenix and updated the front processor to 1.09 the problem is gone. When i shut it down using the remote it powers off. But now i have another problem: i can only power it back on using the front panel button, not with the remote. Anyway, i prefer it to the last problem, and most important it's not a hardware problem as i initially thought.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
vvv14 said:
Damien, had the same problem since i bought it. Thought it was a bug with my box, but since i installed hydra phoenix and updated the front processor to 1.09 the problem is gone. When i shut it down using the remote it powers off. But now i have another problem: i can only power it back on using the front panel button, not with the remote. Anyway, i prefer it to the last problem, and most important it's not a hardware problem as i initially thought.
Try running the erase image to clear out the flash, and then reinstall the 109 again. Never had this problem, there might be some info not erased on the flash. Just a thought and worth a try.

rnsundar

Reaction score
I am also having the same problem. Mine is little different. If the Dreambox is on shut down mode for long time or the power switch is not on for long time the dreambox wont start normally. I will just hang after showing the Hydra boot. The Tv screen will be blank and the control panel of the Dreambox still show the Dreambox Logo. I have to shut it down using the Dreambox power button if it wont shut then I have to pull out the power plug then insert it after that I have to press the power button to shut it off. Then I will wait for two minutes now I can start the dreambox from remote too then it works fine without any problem. It seems a bug in hardware of particular batch.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
rnsundar said:
I am also having the same problem. Mine is little different. If the Dreambox is on shut down mode for long time or the power switch is not on for long time the dreambox wont start normally. I will just hang after showing the Hydra boot. The Tv screen will be blank and the control panel of the Dreambox still show the Dreambox Logo. I have to shut it down using the Dreambox power button if it wont shut then I have to pull out the power plug then insert it after that I have to press the power button to shut it off. Then I will wait for two minutes now I can start the dreambox from remote too then it works fine without any problem. It seems a bug in hardware of particular batch.

See you have the Hydra. Try the gemeni image, get the right one for your box. Dont have this problem with the Gemeni. Anyone else who have gemeni ,got problems like this.?????????

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The only times I've had power-up/down problems have been when I've managed to semi-corrupt one of my images by playing around too much. If I then go back to a clean image, everythings OK.