My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
I have a dreambox DM-500 but i wish to use functions of the 7000-s remote such as

being able to record from the actual box to my hdd without jumping onto pc.
(if thats possible even ?)

being able to hold the remote without losing it.

also. is there a plugin which allows me to set timer to cap to my remote hdd like i would in websys but for dm500? as i know there is for 7000-s ? but in my dm500 i only have ngrab options

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
To record onto a PC hardrive- read the thread in this forum- you asked this already in another post.

The remote: you can change the rc xml file but it didn't work for me...

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
No, i mean like on the dreambox 7000 you can set a timer on the actual box using your remote to either ngrab, or record to hdd etc. On dm-5000 you cannot record to hdd using the timer, you can only do ngrab. However i have a hdd mounted onto my /hdd/movie which works fine for setting timers on the websystem. But i want to set timers directly from the box ? any ideas?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
D4ftpunk said:
No, i mean like on the dreambox 7000 you can set a timer on the actual box using your remote to either ngrab, or record to hdd etc. On dm-5000 you cannot record to hdd using the timer, you can only do ngrab. However i have a hdd mounted onto my /hdd/movie which works fine for setting timers on the websystem. But i want to set timers directly from the box ? any ideas?

Some functions wont work, I cant remember exactly what. Was using my 7000 remote on a 5620 and had to get the right remote because it was doing things I did not want it to do. Head recking stuff you know.

mbranco

Order of "Knight of the Idiot Guide"
Reaction score
D4ftpunk said:

The trick is to tell dreambox that its hard-disk is a remote one.
PCD well explained this in another thread
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showpost.php?p=211335&postcount=9

:)

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
erm my remote doesnt have

(6) Video button followed by the Radio button. To stop recording, press Radio button again.

remember i got a dm500, thats why in another post i asked about reprogramming remote, which ive done but cant upload the files lol

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
D4ftpunk said:
erm my remote doesnt have

(6) Video button followed by the Radio button. To stop recording, press Radio button again.

remember i got a dm500, thats why in another post i asked about reprogramming remote, which ive done but cant upload the files lol

I read this somewhere with the Gemini image, cannot test as I don't have a DM500 :-

Edit /share/tuxbox/enigma/resources/rcdm5xxx.xml so that DB will use the
mute button while in DVR mode to record ( since there is no RECORD button on the remote) and copy that to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/resources/.

Then configure the quickbutton to bring up DVR from Gemini's Menu.
Now when you want to record to your CIFS mount, just have to press ->yellow button->mute
and then the mute button again to stop the recording.

Let us know if it works. :)

Regards, pcd.

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
I did somethign similar to that, but using standby button. As i have no use for standby :p hehe.