!DREAMBOX still buggered - please Help!

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hi Guys,

Well my setup is still shafted.

My setup is very new and was working fine until I put a new image on the ~DB.

I have since reverted back to the image that used to work and it still does not work properly.

I can lock onto thor but not any other satelites - If i select another satelite either via satfind or auto multisat nothing happens. It sometimes say that it has locked into another satelite when in fact its still on Thor.

So I can have three satelites on the sat channels all of which are duplicates of whats on Thor so the dish cannot be moving.

In motor setup I have the original options of use motor power and lock onto 80 west for Thor.

I can move the dish by using the left or right options within the motor setup so that looks okay.

Please help guys. I am pulling my hair out here.

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
Which motor is it and did it come with preset sat positions already stored in it

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
After some frigging around I have now got Hotbird and Thor however I cannot track to any other Satelites.

Getting hotbird was a nightmare as I had to frig about with the motor setup quite a bit in order to lock it on.

Satfind, Multisat Transponder scan etc do not really work I have to go into satfind and try to find the satelite that way and the move the dish East/West until I get a lock.

What do you guys thinks?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I manually fiddled around until I locked each sat.

But then I like pain. :)

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
zanders said:
After some frigging around I have now got Hotbird and Thor however I cannot track to any other Satelites.
I think it may be the image you are using. The AU board has lots of complaints about the Hydra Achilles Image and motorised dishes, related to the 1.08.1 kernel used in the build. These are supposedly fixed in the 1.08.2 kernel.
I had to regress back to the Hydra Olympia Image to get my HH100 working.

Yet to try the new B2 image though.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Think that djlemur is probably right.

Difficult for me to say though, 'cos (as I've kept very quiet...) I'm using my Skystar 2 to drive and lock my dish!

CHEAT!!!!

;)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Noticed that when I changed images some information was still stored.

Everytime it started up was getting message cannot play that file?

Managed to clear this using the factory reset command then a flash reboot and finally the three button hold down trick.

I was then back to a clean box updated the official image over the net - then loaded the image I am now using and it is working great (so far).

You will lose all the changes you have made but that's part of the joys of a DreamBox.

When I get time I will post how to do all this on a Mac suffice to say you need one cable and an FTP program with Internet - that's it!

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
There is some info for me to digest and act on.

I guess my main concern is that the dish had some how become un-aligned through me messing around but then I do get very strong signals on both Thor and Hotbird but I guess that they are two of the strongest satelites?

I guess I will try another image however it was working fine with the Hydra 1.08 final image. Djlemur whats the address of the .au site?

I am now using Achilles but given your info I think I will change again.

BTW -: I can no longer decode the Prima Fila channels on Hotbird even with SCAM or newcamd - is anyone elese experiencing this????

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
zanders said:
...whats the address of the .au site?
The link http://sat-industry.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62 should take you straight into their Hydra firmware section. You may need to register.

BTW: I use the LlamaWare dreamboxedit program to backup & restore my channel config http://dreambox.happyllama.com/.
Then when installing a new image, I let it start to scan a transponder, press LAME to abort the search as soon as it has found 1 channel, and then restore all previous channels & sat positions. For those who like to DIY, it keeps a log of which files get transferred for you to use.

Have fun
David.

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I have installed the Hydra Beta version and now the dreambox hangs on the boot up picture.

I have tried holding down the up channel but this does nothing so I will be plugging a laptop into it to reflash.

Its my first time so fingers crossed.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Good luck.

A liitle info from your posts earlier up the thread...

Sly Italia is out for a while (few days at least).

Also, It's not unknown for a weak sat signal to crash the Dreambox, so if you didn't have good alignment, it may have caused or contributed to your problems.

As long as you're getting a boot up screen, your box can be reteived, so don't poop yourself yet!

STICK

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hey Guys Im back - I used the old Null modem flash cable trick.

I am now running with an RuCannon image.

I can now track onto two more satelites however the satelites are not where
the motor setup drives to.

I need to adjust the settings, eg select Sirius 5 East and I get Eutelsat 7 East.

Stupid question really but I guess this means my dish is out of alignment??

come to think of it it was a similar probelm with Hotbird where I had to manually adjust several steps.

Any ideas on how to correct? Thor seems to be okay as it was the satelite the installer used to set the dish up on.

Also guys - can you decode the prima Fila channels on Hotbird?? If so please tell me the image and EMU.

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As Stick says zanders, Sky Itslia (prima fila) is out at the moment.

With regard to your other satellites, if 1W is correct and that is your reference satellite, you nee to check that your geographical information is correct in the appropriate menu and refind the incorrect satellites.

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
I have just checked the H-H Motor manual and on the back page it has a built-in sat table.

I cannot believe it - I just selected one of the positions number 6 for instance takes me straight to sirius 5E.

When you store sat positions within the DB does that override the stored position on the in-built sat table? - I think it does after a quick test.

According to my table position 1 should be hot bird but I thik this is the one that Thor has been stored on.

I didnt realise that Sky italia was prima fila so thanks for putting me straight on that one.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Pr!ma F!la is the set of thirty Pay-Per-View movie channels on Sly Italia.

May not be back anytime soon, but let's wait a few days....

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Good to hear you're back.

Still have to fit my motor so have yet to have these issues.

Slowly slowly catch a monkey!

Box still working like a dream.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
If you can access Toecuttersden then check the DreamBox section Post - How to install EMU near the end you will see a post by MARTA (he has a lot so go to the end) this looks similar to your problem!