Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Before getting Dreambox 500, I had an Echostar with RF connections that enabled me to connect to my VCR and then distribute to other tv's in the house.

As Dreambox has only a scart connector for tv connection, any suggestions how I can overcome this problem please?

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi Sab

I occasionally watch my DB on the "big box" which is on the other side of the room. To do this I put a scart adapter in the DB the ones with the 3 sockets (1 for video + 2 for audio L&R) usually coloured red, white & yellow. Put another one in the back of the TV. Then get the cable to run between them. If you can not get one with the 3 plugs at the end get one with just 2. These are the ones for connecting audio systems together. Plug one into the video and the other to one of the audios. You will only get sound from one speaker but its ok for occasional use. Thats what I do it works great and is very cheap. The scart sockets are only about 3 quid each from the supermarket and if you use the 2 plug cable then 10 meters is only about 5 quid.
The bad thing about the modulated signal through the co-ax cable is that over distance you loose quality with any exept the very expensive ones.

Good luck

Sab

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Thanks whatsthis for replying.

I had an idea that this was what needed to be done but could not find anyone who could confirm it.

Whilst I'm on with you, I'm new to DB. I've read a lot of the posts which has left me slightly confused.
1) Do I have to download satellite listings from the net or do they come via satellite.
2) The various cams and encryptions. I understand they have to be loaded into DB.
Is this done via the loader card,or network and how do we transfer them into the DB files?
I have DB500s loaded with Gemini 2.7. Newcamd and Camd3 on computer waiting to be loaded.

Sab

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Sab said:
Thanks whatsthis for replying.

I had an idea that this was what needed to be done but could not find anyone who could confirm it.

Whilst I'm on with you, I'm new to DB. I've read a lot of the posts which has left me slightly confused.
1) Do I have to download satellite listings from the net or do they come via satellite.
2) The various cams and encryptions. I understand they have to be loaded into DB.
Is this done via the loader card,or network and how do we transfer them into the DB files?
I have DB500s loaded with Gemini 2.7. Newcamd and Camd3 on computer waiting to be loaded.

Sab

Hi Sab And welcome to dreambox land.

1st of all read the idiots guide in the dreambox section, you may not understand everything but eventually it will click in.
You also need your box set up to the internet 1st.

To answer you questions.
Yes you will have to download satellite settings. You will need to get onto a key site. ie satdudez or crosat which I use.

To load these settings onto dreambox you will need to download flash wizzard pro, Onto your computer by the way.

2- To load up cams, best way for you is via your blue button on the remote. But you must have your internet connection set up.

3- Your gemeni image on the computer must be a loaded one so therefore you dont need to load cams you may just need to put in keys. Another thing It should be loaded with the sat settings as well.
You need flash wizzard pro to load this image onto your dreambox as well.

So to recap read the Idiots guide (written by the dreambox idiots here, Not me because Im a muppet and havent been upgraded to idiot yet).
Set up your ip add In the communications panel, and connect your computer with your dreambox via crossover cable. You have to get this right 1st before you do anything. Then download your flash wizzard. Put in your ip add into the settings. Then load your image to the dreambox.

Im sure you will have loads of questions, so get cracking.

Sab

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Thanks for the advice John,

More to it than I realised, but I'll keep on at it. It's certainly more versatile than the usual sat receiver!

Sab

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Sab said:
Thanks for the advice John,

More to it than I realised, but I'll keep on at it. It's certainly more versatile than the usual sat receiver!

Sab

When you get it up and running you will see the benifits.

Sab

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Before I attempt to load software etc., does the DB need to be detached from sat. cable or not.

Thanks
Sab

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
You can leave the satelite cable connected, it should not effect anything. Is you DB connected to the internet ?

I use dreamup to load the image via a com port cable from the PC. Be careful when you do this. Start it going and go and have a coffee or 2.

You can then get the emus and keys via the blue button menu if the DBs on the internet. If its not then get the files in the PC and transfer by FTP file transfer from the PC via ethernet.

Good luck

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Wanting a RF output is more common than you would think... im pretty sure the newer Dreamboxes have em, 7020 etc

for instance a pub landlord might want his Receiver based in his living quarters to send the picture to several TVs in the pub...

buy something like this
_http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/No-Scart-to-Coax-Aerial-converter-RF-modulator-DVD-TV_W0QQitemZ5875227408QQcategoryZ15067QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and no its not me selling it either :)

Sab

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Gemini
Release 0470
CCcam 214
My Location
North Wales
Thanks whatsthis and RedDevil_UK for inf.

Scart to RF converters selling for about £14.75 + pp. on eBay.

Sab