Dreambox with monoblock and motor

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
I'd like to add a monoblock LNB to an existing motorised Dreambox set-up. The idea is to be able to switch between Hotbird and Astra 19°E without using the motor and to use the motor only when I want to watch more exotic satellites. Can the Dreambox handle this?

MacAddict

Reaction score
easysat said:
I'd like to add a monoblock LNB to an existing motorised Dreambox set-up. The idea is to be able to switch between Hotbird and Astra 19°E without using the motor and to use the motor only when I want to watch more exotic satellites. Can the Dreambox handle this?

I will get you goin till expert help comes. so what you want is to have have astra and hot bird on a dual LNB setup. That is my setup with the dreambox. My setup is not motorised though. My understanding of using a motorised system is that the motor moved the dish to point at a particular satellite(exact bearing I assume). I also dont think the dual LNB setup is an exact bearing as there is 6 degrees difference between the 2 satellites. is it possible to override the motorised system and tell it exactly the direction to point to rather than using the given satellite's data ?

That was not helpful at all now was it :-ohmy

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
Why?

Why not just use the motor all the time. 6 degrees only takes a couple of seconds to move.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
easysat said:
Interesting.

Assuming your monoblock includes a standard diseqc switch, then I don't see why it wouldn't. Complex motor commands would drive the motor, while simple switching commands would pass through to the switch. Be interesting to know if it does!

Don't think it would be any different using the Dreambox or any other diseqc 1.2 capable receiver... I think it's just a case of whether the LNB switching commands 'pass through' the motor.

Be sure to report back here if you give it a go, and also let us know if your motor rusts solid through inactivity!

STICK

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
I thought mini diseqc sent commands 1, 2, 3, & 4 for switches LNB etc.
It might work if you do not used those values for sat positions in the diseqc motor.

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
BonceChops said:
Why not just use the motor all the time. 6 degrees only takes a couple of seconds to move.
Two reasons: avoid the noise of the motor especially at night; allow faster zapping between channels on two different satellites so that I can order favourite channels by frequency of viewing rather than satellite.

I've now connected a monoblock to see what happens but so far I haven't had the time to play around with the satellite selection menu to find some settings that work.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
easysat said:
...haven't had the time to play around with the satellite selection menu to find some settings that work.
LOL! Now that's a different problem altogether!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hmm, I am switching all the time between 28, 19, and 13 and it is really ok even for an impatient guy like me. Also, I haven't noticed the noise, but I suppose it can be a factor.
Now I am not familiar with the block thing, but one thing to remember is:
You can store the sat positions manually if you go to the Service searching, motorserup, motor config. So if your dish is pointed at 19, you then choose the 13 and save the position for this sat. That way every time you choose 13 when on 19 your motor will not move. I am not sure though what to do with switching to the other LNB, for that someone else needs to play with it...