Dreamboxedit

dzs50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox & intelp4
My Location
midlands
Is it possible to just change the channel number without having to re-enter all the other fields in the service data? If so when you have right clicked on the channel you want to change, which option do you select?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I am not sure, but let me ask you why you would want that? It is far easier to work with the user bouqets, there you can keep those channels you use on a regular basis and the order never changes. I never use the channel numbers...

dzs50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox & intelp4
My Location
midlands
T_G said:
I am not sure, but let me ask you why you would want that?..
I have a disk recorder that switches the stb to the correct channel before recording the programme, that I have selected by programme title. It expects channels from a specific service provider to be on a specific channel number.

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
I have a programable remote, I would also like to be able to change the no's in DreamboxEdit, rather than reprogram my remote :)

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
right mouse click in main window and choose RENUMBER ALL SERVICES

channels should now be re numbered starting at 200 :)

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
RedDevil_UK said:
right mouse click in main window and choose RENUMBER ALL SERVICES

channels should now be re numbered starting at 200 :)

Thanks for the tip :D

Had a little play, and found that I can do exactly what I want. :-doh!

I renumber as per your sugestion, this leaves no's 1 to 199 free. Right click on required channel ie: BBC2, renumber to 2, and so on. So when I update settings I can modify ch.no. so that my remote always responds in the same way. :D

Great forum this. :)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Guys obviously this is a very old thread but I have a relevant question regarding channel numbers in DreamboxEdit.

I've written from scratch, the sly uk bouquets. I'd like to have them numbered as they should be. BBC 1 = 101 , Sly Sports 1 = 401 etc etc....

I have set the Channel Numbers accordingly in DBEdit 3.0 but the dreambox doesn't respond to this setting. It simply numbers the channels starting from 1 and incrementing through the subsequent bouquets.

Is there a way to have the channels use the number that it shows in DBEdit ? Is it a setting in DBEdit or may be in the image somewhere ?
I'm using Nabilo BH0.12 but can't see anything that seems relevant.