dreaming of a dreambox dashed? (dish pos)

simonnev

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020s\dream500s\technomate7755
triac 88
moteck motor
45W-42E
My Location
oldham
Hi All,
I have reading up the last couple of days and stumbled on this forum get info by the way
icon14.gif
. I used to have a analouge system echostar 7700 and a 90cm Chan mast Dish, At my previous property, but i was spoiled with a good view south facing wall with no buildings trees etc
icon7.gif
, However I have never lost interest in multi sats and have started reading up seeing whats goining on, wow its all changed cams, etc small motors etc clear dishes and the dream box! Im one of these people who thinks wow i want one, however i think my hopes will be dashed, the mrs wont let me mount a dish on the front
our side, so that leaves only the rear, the house lies e-w approx. I have been thinking of 2 possible sites for my dish(80-90cm clear), which would be on the back wall using t/k bracket and pole with the dish either just above or slightly lower than the roof line, however going west i start to get trees in the way but i think i should be ok for the east side. I have attached a pic of the back of the house(hope this is ok) so if anybody could give me any advice i would be very grateful...
Just hope its good news

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You bought a house without checking for dish-mountability?!?!?!?

Nuts!!!!

LOL, only kidding. Pos A looks possible. You may be able to raise the dish up the mounting pole to clear the east side - and lets face it, most of the action is over there apart from 30W.

B looks possible too, but be really very carefull bolting into the top courses of brickwork there. You'll probably find that there is not much strength there and you could pull the bricks out when clamping up. I know that's what happened to my mate in exactly the same position on the apex.

Did you think about a dish at the bottom of the garden looking back up over the house? How long is your garden?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would go for this location. :)

simonnev

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm7020s\dream500s\technomate7755
triac 88
moteck motor
45W-42E
My Location
oldham
Hi Thanks for the ideas, (maybe i'll move house)

I feel the same as for the apex mounting

the garden is about 70 feet long but again ill end fighting with the mrs, theres decking in one corner and the kids playhouse in the other.

I still think im in with a chance on the back wall,

should i invest in a inclinometer, although from memory im sure i remember reading you could make one with a level a protractor..
simon

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Shame on you Stick! asking someone "how long is their garden" ha ha