rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
There's no "Commande" on the page. How on earth are you supposed to buy one!!

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
rhubarbe said:
There's no "Commande" on the page. How on earth are you supposed to buy one!!
Of course there is, just press "Agrandir" button under the picture at upper right to add the product in the shopping basket, then press "Avis des client" button lower down on the same page, then press "Donnez votre avis", then you have to sign you up for account you press "Continuer" and then fill out all your address information and name, then press "Continuer" again.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Yes, I have done all that. Opened an account still can't fnd a buy it button...

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Honest, there's no button to click to buy it and the flag has gone to orange now so I guess that means they have all gone.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Hehehe...i guess you are not the only one trying to buy from them.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Well, it's still a good deal at 349 Euros. Is it really any good?

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Of course it's good, otherwise i would have sold it a long time ago.

This is the first digital receiver i have actually been satisfied with.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
I currently have a Technomate TM1500CI+ which I use to steer my dish. I also have a ReelBox. Now the ReelBox will be brilliant when the software is a bit more developed but at present my wife won't go near it. This means that we hardly ever watch any sat TV that we are able to record.

We have a Topfield DVB-T receiver that she loves, so my initial idea was to replace the TM1500CI+ with a TF5000PVR Masterpiece (different RCU and codes than the TF5800, so we can use them without conflicts) and get her used to the idea of sat TV with a receiver that she can use.

I was just searching for a good price for the TF5000PVR when I found this thread on Google. Now, I had looked at the Relook before but the advice I had from my seller _www.hm-sat.de was that it is an OK box but there is a lot more soft out there for the DB, along with many more images and birds.

I have read the manual for the 400S and it looks a great box. But from the point of view of being easy for my wife to learn how to use, do you think that the TF5000PVR might be a better choice?

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
rhubarbe said:
I have read the manual for the 400S and it looks a great box. But from the point of view of being easy for my wife to learn how to use, do you think that the TF5000PVR might be a better choice?

I had the TF5000PVR Masterpiece and i absolutely hated it :-doh!

You can't add channels or edit cannels with the remote, all is done thru some proggy Topfield got, it's a real mess to be honest.

Ok, nice design and high quality, but the Relook got the same quality and nice design.

Topfield is easy to use when you are just zapping channels, not much too hazzle about, it's a boring receiver.

Performance is good, the tuner is sensitive but not as good as the Relook, Relook is VERY good.

I hated the remote to the Topfield, looks nice but dumb placement of the buttons, they dont place the number buttons as everyone else like 1, 2, 3, 4 and then next row 5, 6, 7, 8

They do instead 1, 2, 3 and then 4 ,5 ,6

Really stupid.

Also its way overpriced, i would instead look at Arion AF-9300PVR, its same but better and much cheaper, about 320 euro from Germany.

Relook 400s is a Linux receiver so people who buys them knows what they want, freedom to make their own things in it, there is no limit.

Yes of course there are more software for Dreambox, its been out for many years, Relook is pretty new on the market and have released very much software in short time and the community grows fast because many are fed up with the low quality of Dreamboxes and their weak tuner.

I don't think i will buy another receiver until Relook releases a DVB-S2 model.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Some news i got about that dealer, it seems he is getting rid of stock as he lost contract with DGStation blaiming him for selling under what he is allowed to.

So you better hurry as long as the stock lasts.

MrGlum1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky 430n Just added a Relook 400s on 14/03. Fixed Sky dish so far.
My Location
SW Cornwall
Likvid said:
Some news i got about that dealer, it seems he is getting rid of stock as he lost contract with DGStation blaiming him for selling under what he is allowed to.

So you better hurry as long as the stock lasts.

Well if this turns out good I will owe you a beer or two. I still feel its too good to be true but I have taken the plunge and have my fingers crossed.
Babelfish did all the translation except for the secure pages. 269 euros in total - £180 approx:D

Jaystar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
UK
Rhubarbe, I got my Relook 400s a couple of days ago. I'm a total sat newbie but find operating it is pretty straight forward.

The problem is with some of the set up / configuration options. They are not explained at all in the manual, it is just assumed that you know what the settings mean and which ones you should use. This should not be a problem for you because you seem to be technically knowledgable and your wife wouldn't need to be messing with set up options for day to day use.

For me the big problem with the Relook is support and feedback. I was hoping that because of its open source software there would be lots of help and advice available (as well as plenty of features and fixes being made in response to user feedback). Unfortunately, getting any kind of help on issues with the the Relook is a total nightmare because this box has such a small amount of users. This forum is usually dead (with most posts getting no reply), and the few other Relook forums that I have been able to find are all in languages other than English.

tairua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
relook 400s
My Location
Holland
denktenk has a very good English forum

Sako

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
Cheers guys. The web page for that product at that dealer lacks the button "Ajouter au panier", so you just can't buy it. The stock indiacator is at its limit so as I say, they must have run out. At 209 Euros minus the VAT (we have a VAT number so we don't have to pay any EuroVAT) I'd have had a punt like a shot but I'm replacing a Technomate TM1500CI+ not my Reelbox so I'll still have a Linux box - at least I will have one when the channel list is usable.

When you say you can't edit channels in the Topfield except with the Topfield software, d'you mean I can't change keys, or d'you mean I can't change PID's?

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
That Arion AF-9300PVR is one ugly beast. Yuk. I'll read its manual, though.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
rhubarbe said:
That Arion AF-9300PVR is one ugly beast. Yuk. I'll read its manual, though.

Not more ugly than the Topfield.

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
OK, they are both uglier than the Relook. :) The Rellook is a real looker.

Any birds available for the Relook, in 3rd paty images, or downloadable from withing 3rd party images?

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
Likvid said:
Of course there is, just press "Agrandir" button under the picture at upper right to add the product in the shopping basket, then press "Avis des client" button lower down on the same page, then press "Donnez votre avis", then you have to sign you up for account you press "Continuer" and then fill out all your address information and name, then press "Continuer" again.

That would result in you posting a review. :-rofl2

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
Decided to try one. Lots of 'Altavista' and cussing and following Likvid's advice, but I think I've got one on order. :-doh!