Drx 300

cathant

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a complete novice and if you go on to read the rest of this you will definately know I am. I bought a Grundig digi receiver on ebay. It was damaged so the seller replaced it with an Amstrad DRX 300. It now displays "wrong card phone sky". I now realise that it is a Sky authorised box and the will not activate it. Any suggestions on how to get around this or if I need to replace the box which would be the best box at a reasonable price.

I would appreciate any comments made.

Many thanks...

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
I assume you have a Sky subscription, rather than a FTV card (as you can get all the FTV channels on a non paired card/box anyway). Just phone Sky and say your old box was damaged/broke and you would like to register your card to a new one.

They might ask some questions (sometimes they are reported to ask how much you paid for it!) but it shouldn’t be a problem, they will ask for the box serial number and sometimes check the software version.

If you are outside the UK of course you will need to pretend that you are at the address the card is registered to.

cathant

Reaction score
PoloMint said:
I assume you have a Sky subscription, rather than a FTV card (as you can get all the FTV channels on a non paired card/box anyway). Just phone Sky and say your old box was damaged/broke and you would like to register your card to a new one.

They might ask some questions (sometimes they are reported to ask how much you paid for it!) but it shouldn’t be a problem, they will ask for the box serial number and sometimes check the software version.

If you are outside the UK of course you will need to pretend that you are at the address the card is registered to.
Thank you.