DS9 files?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Some old posts here explain this - try the search.

Basically they are pic & eeprom files for a "silver" card or "piccard2/pic2"card, being based on the 16F876/7 PIC and 24c64/5 eeprom.

They are not the only files that are used with those cards, but they are the ones that give you multi-encryption access (4-in1, 5-in-1, 6-in-1).

So with such files, you can get channels encrypTed under Irdeto1, Betacrypt1, Viaccess1, Mediaguard1 ("seca1"), Nagravision and TPScrypt. Assuming - that is - that the eeprom is programmed with the correct keys for the respective providers. And assuming the card is used in a suitable receiver or CI CAM (which more often than not also require to be patched in some way to enable that particular set of features).

2old

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Thanks 2 old,

I always try the search but for some reason ds9= less than 4 letters so how do i get round this?

What is a *.crd file?

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
try ds9* (i.e. suffix by a wildcard).
Also try 16f876 (that is one of the chips in the card)
And search particularly in the cards forum (actually, that's where you should have posted this particular question, not the keys forum).

Must admit, this 4-letters-minimum rule on the search is a real pain in the arse. It's a feature of the new software. Never used to be there. Obviously intended to avoid the overhead of indexing pronouns, conjuntions, etc. But it ends up missing half the most common keywords because of the modern obsession with TLAs (three letter acronyms...)

2old

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
My wife uses both three and four word acronyms for me and what I get up to !