sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Hello,

Is it possible (is an inteface available) to use two smartcards into the same CAM.

I have a IRDETO Cam and am using PIC2 card. Can I also use a subcription card. I read somewhere that this can be done.

Any ideas of how it works or does it work successfully.

I mean using 2 cards in one CAM.

Another question is if I have two receivers with built-in CAMs each and I have the PIC2 (Silvercard) to use in both receivers can it be done. Same single PIC2 card in two receivers.

Am I asking too much. Looks like network.

Regards,
Jude

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
IN A WORD NO!
CAM slots too small
and why would you want too ????????
Theres 1 for the nokia 8210 mobile phone (even then it gotta be turned of and back on) i bet some 1 has moddid this (as if) as an april fools joke.
Is it so hard to remove card (you could do an advaced mechanical degree at " UNI " and modd a 12 disc cd changer into a 12 card changer, )But will still have to switch off & on again. DAVE

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
There is the Irdeto Card Doubler see here:

_http://www.cardman.co.uk/others.html

Can't say if it would work and the site also says Item Unavailable

nobbly

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
so something like this exist but not available.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Irdeto card doublers used to be very common, I have one myself, which I successfully used for a year or so with an original Dutch Multichoice card and an original German DF1 card. This allowed me to simultaneously receive PW and the NL package in my old Nokia 9200 with its single CA CAM. Of course, the subsequent advent of MOSC hacks which allowed two providers to be programmed onto one original card, and the later Irdeto gold-card hack rendered the doubler unnecessary.

There was also once a device marketed which would allow the sharing of one Irdeto card by two boxes, but I believe the original maufacturer was pressured by the providers and/or Mindport, and it is no longer available. If you're particularly interested I'll search my archive for more details (I did once post them here on this board, but many of my older postings disappeared due to a technical problem with the board years ago).

2old

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
Thanks 2old,

If you get more info on where to get the card doubler and/or card splitter (for two receivers) let me know. I would also like to make one if it is possible.

Regards,
Jude

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Can't see where you're based, Sjude, but let me assume it's in the UK.
This site is advertising Irdeto doublers for GBP39, in stock:
http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/site/details.php?product_id=73

I have no experience with the company, so can't personally vouch for them or their products, but FYI the price is about 25% dearer than what I paid a few years ago (although I purchased in Germany).

I attach a photo of a doubler

I have in my archives several schematics & associated hexes for card-doublers, and if you really want I can upload them. But: I have never built one from these schematics, so can't guarantee they work.

Turns out that MaxKing is retailing card-splitting devices (i.e. devices to use one card for multiple receivers/decoders). See here: http://www.maxking.co.uk/cardsplitter.htm
In fact, their CS-15 unit also functions as a card-doubler.

2old

sjude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kaon DVR - KSC-N620
Fortechstar FSCI9800
My Location
MUM
2old4this said:
I have in my archives several schematics & associated hexes for card-doublers, and if you really want I can upload them. But: I have never built one from these schematics, so can't guarantee they work.

2old

Can you send me schematics of how to make a the doubler. Hope I can make it. I want to use 2 cards (official & Silver) in my Freecam.

If HEX is not allowed to post here then you can email me.

regards,
Jude

ELIE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite
Can you send me schematics and hex for the doubler. Hope I can make it. I want to use 2 or 4 if it possible cards (official & Silver) in my Freecam.

Thank you in advance

ozviewer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kU IN AUSTRALIA
Hi from Australia,

Can anyone give me a hex code for either a 16f84 (preferred) or 16f628 doubler to suit Irdeto.

I have looked on the net for 7 days, found nothing.

Thanks,
ozviewer ( from Down Under)

rekordc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dbox dvb2k
My Location
Holland
I'm also looking for a hex file (16f84) so I can use my carddoubler.

Thanx from Holland

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
This thread is the best part of 3 years old and seeing as the previous poster didnt get an answer I think you are going to be unlucky