Dual channel PVRs ?

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
Please bear with an ignoramious on a learning curve. Will one card in the CI slot operate both channels as with Sky+? If so why do some have two CI slots, notably the Humax PVR 1900? Thanks for any help.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Presumably it is to allow decrytion of other types of encrytion or it has been future proofed for pay services ???? I am guessing as I do not know much about it apart from it has a secondary tuner. What does you user manual say????

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
toppervte33h said:
Presumably it is to allow decrytion of other types of encrytion or it has been future proofed for pay services ???? I am guessing as I do not know much about it apart from it has a secondary tuner. What does you user manual say????

I am not yet the owner of the Humax PVR9100, though I have downloaded the manual and skimmed through, there is no mention, that I can find, of the CI slots.
Am I right in assuming that if I have a card in one slot that will work for both tuners, so that I can record one and watch another channel? Or could it be that I would need a card in each CI slot?