Dutch Canal Digitaal - need help!

darkin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC, Cable and no sat.
My Location
Midlands UK
Hey guys, this is a great thread. There is very little on the net that I can find about receiving Dutch channels in the UK (or anywhere else!) I'm in a similair position to tvsatman - except I have no system. vbmenu_register("postmenu_231924", true);

Could I ask a question, hope it's not too silly! Which Satellite carries the Dutch channels. I've googled far and wide and can only see BVN listed against any.

From there I can hopefully start to research equipment.

Thanks - Simon.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Astra 19'E for the Dutch package :)

L.

darkin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC, Cable and no sat.
My Location
Midlands UK
Thanks - that's great, wish me luck with the kit :)

Lancelot said:
Astra 19'E for the Dutch package :)

L.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
OK Good Luck -
But you shouldn't need it :)

L.

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital 1200 M CI with fixed dish
My Location
uk
darkin said:
Thanks - that's great, wish me luck with the kit :)

Darkin, I have accumulated quite a lot of info on this recently, email me if you need any help . . . .

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
darkin said:
I've googled far and wide and can only see BVN listed against any.
there are 2 more FTA channels which carry dutch programmes : Clear TV (mostly with subtitles) and L1MBURG (regional station). Both are on Astra 1 19,2°E. Might be useful to check these out.

olrac

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
only sky basic package
My Location
Ayr - S.W. Scotland
Hello - I am interested in receiving Dutch and Belgian channels - can you advise the correct route to follow? I am a complete novice in this.....

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
olrac said:
Hello - I am interested in receiving Dutch and Belgian channels - can you advise the correct route to follow? I am a complete novice in this.....
if you want to watch Belgian channels, I'd advise you to move to Belgium, as there aren't any on satellite.
Okay, that's not entirely true : BVN carries some programmes from één, but that's it from the flemish side. RTBF has it's own satellite channel on Astra 1 (RTBF Sat) and is an active contributer in TV5's programmes. And that's all. Pretty bleak for a west-european country :-downt

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
@olrac

You will need a receiver capable of decoding canaldigitaal's encryption. There are basically two options, a certified canaldigitaal receiver which I do not recommend at all, or a Common Interface (CI) receiver with a CAM that is capable of decoding seca2 (canaldigitaals's mediaguard cam, dragon cam, matrix cam etc). O good choice would be a Topfield receiver (with or without hard disk) an an official mediaguard cam. Alternatively you could use the more expensive dragon cam which also works well in the topfield but there is no guarentee that it will still work in the future.

You will also need an activated official canaldigitaal smart card, possibly with the set top box package (30 euro per year) or other subscription.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
olrac said:
if you have broadband you might also have a look at the online digital channels of http://portal.omroep.nl/nederland4

stoobee1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM-7000S
My Location
Netherlands
Can anyone tell me which S*ca2 SoftCAM is required in a DBox DM500 to activate the 80 euro CD card? The card is in the box and I've pumped the card number into the website to activate it and it said wait up to 30 mins. Still nothing.

Tried several CAMs as suggested by sat4all but no change...

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
the seca2 card works perfectly with newcamd 6.01 and cardserver, this includes the monthly updates. Verify the configuration files (cardserv.conf and newcamd.conf) if you get no image. And don't forget to put the card in with the chip facing bottom.

stoobee1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM-7000S
My Location
Netherlands
Card was in facing down so no problem there :)

Can you give me some tips or link to info on the settings that should be set in the conf files? From reading other forums I get the impression it may well just be that CD haven't sent the keys yet so may require a call to their 20cpm 0900 number or the SMS approach.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belgium
try installing the cardinfocenter plugin & run it. What does it say about your CD card ? Does it have any dates and are these in the past ? If the cardinfocenter doesn't find your card, or if it says that the cardserver isn't running, then you have a configuration problem. I'll have a look tonight for the correct config file settings.

stoobee1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM-7000S
My Location
Netherlands
I'm beginning to think it's not possible to activate this card with a DM500. I've sent an SMS and re-activated on the website several times, still nothing over the course of several days. The last resort is the 80cpm 0900 number.

The card reader works fine with another S*ca2 card and updates. Maybe it just doesn't work for activation. I configured the box from this guy's config files...

http://www.sat4all.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=dreambox&Number=938089&Search=true#Post938089

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85CM Triax Motorised, H-H Manhattan Motor, Technomate 1500 Patched with DigitALB Sub
My Location
Lincoln
Could somebody help me get a Full Package Canal+NL (19.2E) card as the prices from UK companies is terrible?
Im looking for a basic card to start with with the option to go full package?
Many Thanks

srb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized
My Location
Europe
I just like to say thanks for the info in this thread. I had an official CD sub a few years back but the "dealer" went bust and when the (over priced) prepaid yearly sub expired I had no idea how to get my card re-activated. I've just gone to the site, entered the card number and sure enought it's come back to life. Given that another on-line dealer wanted almost £200 to do this for me, I sure am glad I found this thread !

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-Welcome1 to the forum srb
Glad to hear about your good fortune, I hope you will be able to return the compliment in some way and help others on the site.

srb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized
My Location
Europe

cyphor

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85CM Triax Motorised, H-H Manhattan Motor, Technomate 1500 Patched with DigitALB Sub
My Location
Lincoln
srb said:
I just like to say thanks for the info in this thread. I had an official CD sub a few years back but the "dealer" went bust and when the (over priced) prepaid yearly sub expired I had no idea how to get my card re-activated. I've just gone to the site, entered the card number and sure enought it's come back to life. Given that another on-line dealer wanted almost £200 to do this for me, I sure am glad I found this thread !

HI SRB,

Could you kindly advised the URL of the Canal + Site you went to (13E) to re-activate your card?
Did you pay for your re-activation via credit card etc?
Thank you for your help in advance