DVB card & Irte Omnisat

bkl_tek

Reaction score
Has any one got a DVB card and use an Irte Omnisat motor? I've just had a reply from Hauppauge stating that the Nexus S is NOT capable of supplying the 400mA required by the Omnisat.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Barry

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
See This Thread Barry, I had reservations about their capability to supply the requisite power for a motor, now confirmed. There are other options however, perhaps a V Box and a four wire positioner, it has the advantage of being capable of moving bigger dishes as well.

See also s*t*a*r*m*a*n*s post with regard to using his old pace analogue positioner, quite a cheap if not ideal solution.

bkl_tek

Reaction score
Hi Rolf
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping someone on this board had managed to find a card that would work with the omnisat. I have been informed by a SkyStar 1 reseller that the SkyStar 1 is compatable with the Omnisat (I'm not so sure as he first thought the Omnisat was an LNB mover - not dish motor).
If I can't find a card that works with the Omnisat then I will just have to use the old pace kit to move the dish then switch coax to the DVB card.
If anyone has the instructions for an Omnisat could you please let me know what the 24v input is used for.
Thanks
Barry

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

bkl_tek

Reaction score
Hi Rolf
Thanks again for your reply. How the heck did you find that? I've searched and searched for anything related to Omnisat without luck. So this person has managed to use a Hauppauge card (which Hauppauge say you can't) with an Omnisat (which specify a max dish size of 80cm) and a dish of 1.1m - hummmm.
The Omnisat positioner has a 24v input that I have never used, I think I'll provide power to the 24v input remove the receiver and see if the dish moves (powered only by the 24v input). If this works then I'll go for a Nexus - s (as this seems to be the most recomended) and try it. If it works then great, if not then it gets sent back as faulty and I'll just use the old pacer kit to drive the motor then switch the coax back to the nexus.
Barry

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you have to go that route, get yourself either a twin LNB and run a separate cable in, or an A/B switch, then you can just toggle from one to the other.

I found the information using Web Ferret from http://www.ferretsoft.com , a free download and very useful.

psats

Reaction score
YOU CAN USE THE 24V INPUT IT IS TO POWER THE OMNISAT:D :D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That sounds good Psats, so does that mean that it won't attempt to draw 400ma from the receiver? If you have some documentation it would help.

psats

Reaction score
i think so my freind hasnt any diseqe on his old rec i will ask if he has the instuction manual he has a mesh 1mtr dish he has never complained about any probs

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Cheers, that's very good of you, I'm sure Barry will be grateful for any extra information.

Big Ted

Big Hairy Bugger
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been using the IRTE with a hauppauge dvb-s for 2 years now with no problems at all.

Can confirm power from card and not system.

garybiker

Reaction score
HI I HAVE SATELLITE DISH MOTORISER - IRTE OMNISAT BUT HAVE NO MANUAL CAN ANYONE HELP ON HOW TOO SET IT UP OR WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD THE MANUAL