dvb pc card

My Satellite Setup
satellite
hi all
i am looking to buy a card for my pc. what do you recomend me!!!!!
also i want one that i can program with k*ys.

My Satellite Setup
ITGATE TGS100 ..GOLDEN INTERSTAR 8005s ....powersky 8210..TechniSat "SkyStar 2 pci card..1.2 mrt dish & motor ...2 fixed dish astra ..hotbird...
My Location
uk
well mehdi..i work with this 1 TechniSat "SkyStar 2" DVB-S Satellite Receiver PCI Card..and must say it works fine with progdvb program and emu with softcam vplug .or watever ..i have it in a spare pc so u could say it like pvr .then it dont tie up my pc when doin outher thinks ..
but its all down 2 what u want 2pay and what u want from it ....

((( If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it. )))

HB13DISH

Archived Member
My Location
Middle East - Israel
If you are looking for a premium type card, I can recommend the Hauppauage Nexus-S
It has a TV output socket to connect to your TV and also watch the channel on the monitor at the same time.
In addition buy also a CI CAM (sticks in front) so you can open channels if and when you buy an official smart card which is usually valid for 12 months.

My Satellite Setup
SL65 with 60cm on a Motek 1.2 motor + Panny $ky box (found in a skip with FTV card in it) AverTV Card with ProgDVB + plugins.
My Location
Cornwall
I have just bought a AVerTV DVB-S Pro from Komplett.co.uk for 30 quid. Works fine with ProgDVB and VPlug.

My Satellite Setup
Digibox
My Location
Ireland
martymart said:
I have just bought a AVerTV DVB-S Pro from Komplett.co.uk for 30 quid. Works fine with ProgDVB and VPlug.
martymart can you tell me if the card looks any different to the AVerMedia A700 DVB-S Pro Hybrid (£45) on the Komplett site?

For at matter, does anyone know the difference between the following two Avermedia cards:-
AVerMedia A700 DVB-S Pro Hybrid - £45
AVerMedia A700 DVB-S - £30
A comparision on the Komplett website shows that are both identical and searching on Avermedia UK site reveals no new info.

My Satellite Setup
SL65 with 60cm on a Motek 1.2 motor + Panny $ky box (found in a skip with FTV card in it) AverTV Card with ProgDVB + plugins.
My Location
Cornwall
I would guess that the Hybred bit means that it has also got an analogue tuner.