DVB Software

Bubu74

Reaction score
My Location
italy
Hi all,
I was happily using ProgDVB for over 6 months, but now recently things got worst since with the latest ver of all (driver SS2, ProgDV:cool: my PC gets very slowly and unstable when I'm watching sat with ProgDVB. Internet connection freezes and I can only use PC for TV and not for doing more tasks at a time. So reading these forums I started testing other DVB software such as MyTheatre, DVBdream, EZdvb... surprise: things are even worst.. PC rebooting, still images with only sounds... PC using 100% of my CPU... I have no idea of what is going on.. Here a brief description of my box:

• CPU: amd 64
  • RAM: 1024 Mb
  • Video: Radeon x800 (latest driver ver)
  • Sat Rec: Sky Star 2 (latest driver ver 4.3)

What I have to check to have more stability or what it's wrong with my choices of DVB sofwares?

Thx all, bye bye :)

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Bubu74 said:
Hi all,
I was happily using ProgDVB for over 6 months, but now recently things got worst since with the latest ver of all (driver SS2, ProgDV:cool: my PC gets very slowly and unstable when I'm watching sat with ProgDVB. Internet connection freezes and I can only use PC for TV and not for doing more tasks at a time. So reading these forums I started testing other DVB software such as MyTheatre, DVBdream, EZdvb... surprise: things are even worst.. PC rebooting, still images with only sounds... PC using 100% of my CPU... I have no idea of what is going on.. Here a brief description of my box:

• CPU: amd 64
  • RAM: 1024 Mb
  • Video: Radeon x800 (latest driver ver)
  • Sat Rec: Sky Star 2 (latest driver ver 4.3)
What I have to check to have more stability or what it's wrong with my choices of DVB sofwares?

Thx all, bye bye :)

ProgDVB is getting better and better every release,why blame ProgDVB for all your problems? it is not ProgDVB causing your difficulties! read the forums for your answers.If you need stability get better dvb card Nexus-s/SS1 And sometimes NEW drivers are not best drivers use whatever works! same with OS updates,most are just to spy on you,not for you!
You say RECENTLY THINGS GOT WORSE, well think back ,what did you change then? Undo whatever you did and be fixed!

Bubu74

Reaction score
My Location
italy
Thx kalamar,
SS2 is not the best card? I thought it was.. ok I'll read the posts, but when I said "recently things got worse" I meant when I have changed the version of progdvb (or it was at this point that I have stated problems..)... You use ProgDVB too? which ver? and which ver of SS2 driver (if you have)?

Thx, byebye

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
All of the software you mention is excellent, including the plugins. None of it is 100% stable, but will not cause the problems you're having.

The SS2 is excellent, as is the SS1/Nexus. Big price difference, main one being hardware decoding. You pays your money...

I'll have a pound to a penny that your box is unstable for another reason. Spyware, virus, trojan, adware etc. Install some of the anti-poo-poo software recommended in our computer section and you could be very surprised.

STICK_BOY

Bubu74

Reaction score
My Location
italy
Thx, I'm going to try just by now.. bye bye