DVB-T and satellites

simond83

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London
I have recently purschased a DVB-T card from www.averm.co.uk simply to watch all the freeview channels on my PC. Is it possible to install some software and pick up the old on digital sigal. Or is it possible at all to watch any subscriber channels? Would i need a DVB-T card instead?

Thanks in advance

Si

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are no Terrestrial subscriber channels Si, the old On Digital frequencies are now being used by the Freeview channels.

If you mean Satellite channels as you mention in your post's heading, you will need a satellite card like the Skystar 2 and a dish.

simond83

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London
So if i were to buy the card that you have for sale, stick it in my pc, could i hook it up to a sky dish? Would i then be able get access to all the digital channels?

Thanks again

si

Genie

Make a wish
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with 320GB HDD running Nabilosat 0.12
1 metre motorised dish. Intel core i7 920 PC
My Location
London
if you mean the skystar 2 card then yes, you can connect it up to your sky mini dish.

BUT

You will only be able to get the FTA channels.

It would be wiser to connect it to a dish pointing at various other locations, i.e. 1 deg west, or 30 deg west and use a softcam.

Have a search through some of the threads here for skystar 2 and progDVB or MyTheatre.;)

There's plenty of info out there.