DVB-T Receivers and Adaptors - Latest Info

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Use this thread to give information on the newest releases of receivers, plus any reviews on equipment already in use.

rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Panasonic TUCT20
Digital Converter Box - Auto Set-up

AVAILABLE EARLY AUGUST

* Digital Terrestrial Converter Box
* Access to all Free-to-View Services
* Digital Text Services
* DVB Sub-Titles
* Sound Level Adjustment
* Now & Next Info
* Signal Quality Meter
* Owner ID
* Auto Set-up Tuning System
* Over-Air Software Download Facility
* 999 Channel Storage
* W:235 x H:38 x D:136 mm

tuct20.jpg

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
London, England - 4 October 2002: A tiny box that brings digital broadcasts to any TV or PC is set to revolutionise the set-top box market. Debuting yesterday at the Stuff Live! show, the Hauppauge DEC2000-t will be available in the UK from the end of this month. The device is the first ever to provide free-to-air digital terrestrial broadcasts to TVs and PCs, with sharper pictures, widescreen format and clearer sound. Priced at £129 including VAT, the DEC2000-t does not require a paid-for subscription, saving viewers £100's.

The DEC2000-t will receive the current twelve free-to-air digital terrestrial TV channels, which will grow to more than 30 free channels by the end of the year, with the launch of Freeview - a consortium of BBC, BskyB and Crown Castle.

In addition, with the DEC2000-t plugged into a home PC owners have a digital VCR! The USB port allows the box to plug into a PC and provided software turns the PC into a TV and VCR. Programmes can be recorded to disk and played back, or recorded onto a DVD-R drive for saving, and playback on any DVD player.

Hauppauge's "Digital Entertainment Centre" DEC2000-t is easy to install, requiring a regular TV aerial (within the digital TV region) and a SCART socket on the TV. Owners continue to receive the current five analogue channels while adding twelve new digital channels. The DEC2000 has digital audio output in the SP/Dif format, so you can listen to digital TV programmes through your home theatre system.

Future proof your digital TV! Using the DEC2000's USB port, a will allow you to connect to a PC or Notebook and record your favourite digital TV programmes to your computers hard disk. Play the recorded video back to your TV screen in full original digital quality.

The DEC2000-t is equipped with an "active tuner" to seek all available channels.

Taken from The Digital Television Group site at :

http://www.dtg.org.uk/

Regards

W.H.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
RF loop through and Twin-scart
Digital audio output
Common interface slot
Games
Text

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Not too much information available at moment, available from Comet.

From Net1 A lot of these boxes are being re-called because of a software problem

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Remote Control
Colour Silver
Digital audio output
RGB output ability
Common Interface
RF Loop Through
Digital Text
Electronic Programme Guide
No of Scarts = 2
Auto Tune

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
NETGEM I PLAYER + INTERNET
Netgems outstanding i-Player; a high style, high quality receiver with performance to match its looks. Picture quality is exceptional, even when many other receivers struggle,courtesy of the i- Players IBM processor, Sony demodulator and Siel tuner. Combined with a host of connection capabilities to your VCR, DVD and TV, it's the quality choice. Netgems I-Player offers Freeview, plus other services new to your TV.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
SONY
The Sony Digital TV Adapter is a Digital Terrestrial (DTT) product which has been designed to convert your existing analogue TV set to digital.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
RF loopthrough.
OSD menu with multiple functions.
EPG
4 Favourite Channel lists.
Channel and Receiver parental lock.
PLL output channel (Ch. 21 -Ch. 69)
RS232C port for additional services and for updating the
Screen format: 4:3, 16:9.
2 SCART connectors
S/PDIF Digital audio out
Last channel recall

Go to http://www.televes.com/hojastecnicas/103317.pdf to download the full spec.

N

net1

I like these Rolf. Have installed a few and had no problems whatsoever.
Regards
Net1

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
PACE-TW-DTT

From Pace site
The Pace Twin Digital TV Recorder is an integrated digital terrestrial receiver and hard disk recorder that is easy to use, giving you access to_digital TV and all the functionality of a VCR._ The product is the first ever Integrated Digitial TV Recorder with a one-off cost and

Go HERE to download a PDF brochure.

N

net1

The UK consumers magazine Which? has been looking at six Freeview set-top boxes.

Their testers' conclusion is good news for the industry: "All the boxes ... deliver good pictures and sound but differ in terms of their features and ease of use."

Two best buys are considered to be the Nokia Mediamaster 221T at £130 or the cheapest box on the market the £80 Goodmans GD82. The report also praises the Pace PVR saying that recording quality is "comparable with DVD recordings from digital TV."

Go to;

http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/uknews/which_stbs.pdf

N

net1

A new box from Thomson has just emerged into the light of day, but very little is known about it other than it is called the DTI-500 and appears to be a scaled-down version of the DTI-1000.

They are available from Makro, a self-service wholesaler whose products are only available to the trade, and says that it looks similar to the DTI-1000, but only has one SCART socket and an RF loop-through aerial connection (the DTI-1000 has two SCARTs, stereo output and an RGB option).

A Thomson spokesman confirmed the existence of the box, but said it was "not considered to be a mainstream Thomson product", since it is the result of a special deal reached between Makro and Thomson. Currently, there are no spec sheets available, He said he was slightly surprised that the box was already available.

Thomson has also confirmed that what appears to be the retail equivalent of this Freeview adapter will be launched in due course, called the DTI-550. This will, like the DTI-550, be a slightly scaled-down version of the DTI-1000, but will have a different design.

N

net1

Samsung SIR-U200I Specification

Fully DVB Compatible DVB-T Receiver

Input

UHF In IEC 169-2 connector
Input Frequency UHF CH21~69 (474-858 MHz) Bandwidth: 8 MHz
DVB-T Demodulation DVB-T COFDM, 2k modes, DVB-T ETSI 300 744 compatible
Service Port Head Phone Jack(RS-232)

Output

UHF Out Loop Though Of UHF In
SCART 1 Out ( TV ) PAL, RGB, Composite
SCART 2 Out ( VCR ) PAL, Composite

Control

Samsung remote control handset Supplied as standard
External buttons Power On/Off, Channel Up, Channel Down

Digital TV

Video Decoder MPEG-2 Main Profile @ main level 1.5 to 15 Mb/s (720/576)
Audio Decoder MPEG-2 - Musicam (layer 1 & 2) (32, 44.1, 48 KHz)
Interactivity (Digital Text) MHEG-5 (UK Profile 1)
Software Update Off air software upgrade via broadcast, Service Port

Power

Mains Power 240V 50 Hz
Power On 3.58 Watts
Power Standby 2.7 Watts

Dimensions

Width 264 cm
Depth 134 cm
Height 66 cm
Weight 0.8 Kg

N

net1

Nokia has annouced a junior version of its Nokia Mediamaster 221T, the 121T, to be launched next month (July). Described by the company as a more "streamlined" version of the established Freeview receiver, it is aimed at second and third TV sets in the home, for a projected price-point of £99 - around £30 less than the 221T currently retails for. More on this when the technical specs become available.

N

net1

Lidcom box appears ... as Bush DFTA4
The much-hyped 'sub-£60' adapter from Lidcom has just surfaced, badged as the Bush DFTA4. It was spotted by a regular visitor to on sale in Makro for £58.74.

Bush confirmed that this was in fact the Lidcom box, whose low price is explained largely by the fact that it does not include MHEG (i.e. interactive TV) capability. Bush says it is officially due to be launched next week.
This receiver is likely to be one of the few on the market that will not be allowed to use the Freeview logo in promotional and point-of-sale material, since its lack of MHEG capability means it will not comply with the so-called 'baseline' Freeview receiver specification, which is due to be published within the next few weeks.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Saw this today, nice looking in a conventional sort of way, but has the added possibility of MATV system use, as it has a secondary RF out with no loopthrough and will always reset to the last operating channel.

N

net1

Strong to launch first flat-screen iDTVs - 23/07/03
In a long-awaited development, Strong has launched a range of new iDTV products to sit alongside its existing SRT5000T Freeview receiver - believed to be the world's first examples of flat-screen DTT receivers. They include 15 and 17-inch LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) receivers, with a 20-inch model due out in Q4 this year, plus a new range of Plasma Display Panel (PDP) products from 42-inch to 60-inch, also in iDTV formats. (will post precise launch-dates and pricings as soon as these become available).

The news coincides with Strong's announcement that it is launching a new free-to-air satellite receiver aimed at the new unscrambled services on Astra 2D from the BBC.

Recently the Dutch DTT broadcaster Digitenne entered into a preferred manufacturer agreement with Strong for a version of the SRT5000T receiver which contains an embedded Conax conditional acccess system. This is designed to access the recently-launched pay-based DTT service in the Netherlands.