DVD RW drive

john_graydon

john_graydon

My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Just noticed a while ago that my dvd drive wont play -dvds any more. I know this because i have used -discs before and they played. They dont now. Did I delete something off my computer. I use sonic record now. Have the latest updates installed. Any ideas please.

jimbo

jimbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Is it multi-format? Are +DVDs ok?

RedDevil_UK

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
if all else fails, try re flashing the firmware?
might help

PoloMint

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Do you know the model of the drive?

john_graydon

john_graydon

My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
PoloMint said:
Do you know the model of the drive?
Tried a full reinstallation of windows xp and put all programmes in that came with it and the drivers too. It a Sony dvd rw drive, It reads + ones. It used to play -discs but when i put one in last week it wont read and other ones as well. It used to read, If I cant get it up and running will bring it back to pc world as its only a few months old.

jimbo

jimbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
If it's the DRU-720A that PC World sell, then it's dual format and double layer.