dynamite programmer usb problems

rhythm_knight

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lone new programmer
hello

Hope someone, anyone can help. This is the first time I'm added a thread so be nice for now.

Ok, I've just got a new dynamite programmer. Installed the jungodrivers and then installed the cas software. When I plug the dynamite into the usb port the following message appears ' one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it'. I've also tried using the dynamite 2.6 software as well, still no luck.

Has you come across this? I've tried installing it on three different pc's and get the same message. Am I in anyway doing somthing wrong(
confused.gif
) missing something or is the dynamite faulty? (
mad.gif
)

I'm completly new to card programming and just wanted to get over the first step of getting the programmer working on the pc first before I deal with the card programming side of things.

Please help, thanks.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi rhythm_knight,
try installing the drivers manually through Device manager, see if there are any drivers with yellow exclamation marks by them that correspond to your programmer and update the drivers manually, including the location of the drivers you've downloaded.
I also came across this information posted elsewhere:

1. Make sure the Dynamite programmer is not connected to the usb.
2. Enter your internet connection
3. Go to _www.duolabs.com and select dynamite downloads.
4. Download Jungo driver 6.22
5. Download Dynamite set-up 2.6
6. Download the Predator xxx zip files.
7. Close the internet connection.
8. Unzip the Dynamite set-up
9. Unzip the Jungo Drivers
10. Unzip the Predator files.
11. Run the program called dynamite_setup26.exe
12. The setup will ask for the drivers, point it to the unzipped Jungo driver
13. At the end, click finish.
14. Shut down the computer and re-start.
15. Plug in the Dynamite programmer.
16. Go to the control panel and view system device manager and check that the Jungo is loaded.
17. Click on Jungo and ensure Dynamite is loaded the driver should have 9-7-2004 date (latest on writing).
18. Close the control panel.
19. Open Dynamite 2.6 from the screen for some reason it tries to connect to the internet. Ignore the connection.
20. The screen should show ‘dynamite connected, Rel. 2.6 – Drv 6.22’ and the serial number at the bottom of the small screen.

Best wishes
Mickha

rhythm_knight

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lone new programmer
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried that, it was in a previous thread, should have mentioned.

In device manager, the only thing I get is unknown device under 'usb controllers', when i try to manually add the jungo drivers it says 'the specified lcoation does not contain information about your hardware' , I know the drivers aint corrupted cause I've downloaded from various places and had it on cd.

When I right click one of the inf files, from the drivers set and click Install, e.g dynamite_drv.inf, a new item is added into device manger, its under 'system devices' its called windrivers. I've looked at the inf files in notepad and there's a few comments in there, do I have to in anyway edit the files to suit xp sp2.

No matter what I do it comes up with the message I mentioned in the first message.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi rhythm_knight,
I haven't got a Dynamite programmer, I have Infinity/Phoenix, but it's beginning to sound like a hardware fault, as Windows should loacate the new hardware before trying to locate the drivers. As you've tried this on 3 PC's, we can rule out a PC problem, providing you're always getting the same error, so all you can try are different connection cables, if you haven't already. If this isn't the problem all I can suggest is that you return the programmer for testing, unless somebody with a Dynamite Programmer has experienced this problem.
Please post back if you solve this problem.
Best wishes
Mickha

rhythm_knight

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
lone new programmer
I'm going to be sending it back, arranged it already. Did try different cables as well. Got the same message on all three pc's.

It did seem like the dyanmite unit is faulty but just wanted to know if anyone had faced the same problem and had solved it, also to check if i was missing something out.

When I get the new, hopefully it works, I'll post to let you know.