Ebay Scam For Gift

TommyMAT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox dm800hd
My Location
lancashire
Sorry guys, this is my first post and probably only post on here, but i made a purchase on ebay for a 12 months gift card

Basically this chap is a scammer and i just wanted to try and let people know who might also have the need

Edit: Removed Ebay listing, name and mobile telephone number.

On the ebay listing he says to text first and comes across as really genuine talking you through certain things, but thats all his game,

again sorry for posting here, if its not in the correct place please delete admin, but it bugs me that people out there do this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Sorry to say you got what you deserved, but thanks for warning others.
Did you really expect a 12 month sub for £18?
Perhaps if you had visited a few satellite forums, and read up on our hobby, you wouldn't have expected such a great deal.
You stil have a good satellite receiver, although probably a clone, and if you would care to read through the forum you would discover that with a motorized dish you could view a lot better channels than Sky.

TommyMAT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox dm800hd
My Location
lancashire
Hi, i know its totally my own fault, i thought even if the 18 was fake it wasnt the end of the world, but its still not nice to think that alot more people will probably end up getting stung, just wanted to make people aware the best i could,

Ive just had a flick through and alot of information is here, my box is a clone yes, i have a 100gb hard drive plugged in for recording but unfortunately not a twin tuner (i think they are called) so can only record what im watching, So it does the job really well

I did use Satvps for my sub, but they changed their payment method to coin payments . net but i found it hard work trying to use, there wasnt a simple "deposit" "top up" so decided to try something else, can anyone recommend a similar site to this? maybe that uses google check out or paypal.

Everything you put there means nothing to me about motorized dish ect.... i live in some flats and the satellite dish was installed for everyone so i think i would struggle to get the absolute best out of it,

The dream box is flashed with openpli which again doenst really mean much to me, i presume any flash makes the box do the same thing

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
OpenPli is an image, think of your Dreambox like a small PC, running Linux, an operating system.
Unfortunately it sounds as if you have a communal dish, and you are not allowed one of your own, but you still have the receiver, and can still use it.
No noe will recommend a server, or advise you to use one.
Does your communal dish pick up any other satellites, apart from 28.2E?

TommyMAT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox dm800hd
My Location
lancashire
i dont really know mate, when i bought the flat it just said it was installed with sky plug and play, so i would presume that its just on the 28.2e satellite, is there away of checking? could i get my box to scan for others and see what comes up or something.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Yes you can get your receiver to scan for other satellites, but if they had any other options they would probably tell you. With us being part of the EU, and people working in other Countries, many places have dishes pointing at 13E, mainly for Polish television channels, but you can also get Italian, 13E, German, 19.2E, and others.
Check lyngsat.com for some of the channels, and packages, available off other satellites.

TommyMAT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox dm800hd
My Location
lancashire
Thank you very much for everything i will keep a look out on the site now and ill look to see what satellites i can receive with my dish, Ive only just learned how to put a cline in to it with DCC so small steps for me

again im not really bothered about loosing £18 i know its totally my own fault but i just wanted to post somewhere where people who use these would see, if not for yourselves but maybe you have a friend that is thinking about buying one

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If there is only 1 dish on the property its almost certainly only wired for 28E, unless you have a lot of Poles in the vicinity where it may have been wired with 2 lnb's for 28E/13E

A nonymous

Reaction score
To be honest i would have though his 50% Negative feedback would have spoke volumes. Anybody that pays for these channels is not only going to get ripped off but theoretically could get done for fraudulently obtaining channels they have not paid the satellite company for.

Using a payserver is a mugs game.

Nano

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
To be honest i would have though his 50% Negative feedback would have spoke volumes. Anybody that pays for these channels is not only going to get ripped off but theoretically could get done for fraudulently obtaining channels they have not paid the satellite company for.

Using a payserver is a mugs game.

Nano
It is not fraud - it is criminal theft and there have been prosecutions for precisely that.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Dave i'm not going to argue with you over terms at the end of the day its illegal. I have better things to do than get involved in stupid petty disagreements with you over the use and meaning of words. I'm not that Sad.

Nano