Echostar 2110 software - HELP!

N

NOVICE

This is probably going to sound a really thick question, but how do you go about finding out what version software an Echostar DSB2110 has. Me and my m8 both have the 2110 - one of us with VIaccess embedded, one without. Can find nothing about versions of software either in the manual or menus.
Planning to run an Aston Seca CAM(V1.04) on both for Mediaguard, a card for Viaccess embedded on one, and a card in a Viaccess red CAM on the other? What version software should we have on each receiver? And if we have the wrong versions currently, how can we go about changing them by PC or satellite?
I've read the thread on the Echostar 2110 elsewhere in this forum, and I'm still totally baffled about what version software I need (V400 or V500) and how I go about finding out what versions we've currently got. HELP, guys.

P

pogo

AFAIK you find out which version you have by switching off the receiver and then powering it up again after a few seconds.The front LCD panel will display the version number for 2 seconds.Look carefully though as the way it appears is not too clear.

N

NOVICE

Cheers, pogo.
Done it. Found out - says 'u200', presumably Version 200. They're now on version 500. Any ideas what benefits an update would bring. I can't get access to the Echostar site to find out no matter what username or password I enter in the bleeding pop-up which greets you at 2old's link.

P

pogo

I think the benefits are worth it as your version is quite old.
You need a null modem cable to connect PC to receiver. You also need the Echostar bootloader program as you cannot upgrade from v200 without it, and you need the v500 program plus the Echoloader program.
I f you want to go ahead and have got the null modem cable, i can send you the other programs. (approx 1 Mb). Once you have v500 you can upgrade via satellite in future.

N

NOVICE

Thanx so much, Pogo. I've e-mailed you and I hope it arrives. I visited the Echostar site, registered, got myself a password, read all about the software updates (they are now up to version 600) and read the instructions. I've got a m8 who's bringing round a null modem cable. I was lost where the instructions said I needed a 'bootstrap' to move up the software table, then neither explained what it was or where to get it. You're a godsend, m8. Yes, please send me whatever you can to help, whether that's programs or an idiot's how-to guide! You'll go to heaven - not sure they'll give me the pass to join you, but give those little winged lovelies one for both of us.
In case I ballsed up the e-mail, my e-mail address is redroofer@glendale24.freeserve.co.uk.

alisat

Reaction score
Website
www.satellites.co.uk
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you
thank you