Echostar 3000ip and NTSC output

Alex2k

Reaction score
I was wondering if when I'm watching an NTSC DVB channel my echostar actually outputs a proper NTSC video.
Obsvervations:
-My old (10 years) sony TV OSD gets messed up (vertically streched up).
-If I use a scart cable from the received TV scart to my TV Scart1 I got colors and it looks great (OSD still looking weird, but I don't care). the echostar has RGB output on that scart and my tv supoprts RGB input.
-If I use a composite I get a B/W picture.
-If I try to record it with my VCR I get B/W and all out of sync.

Conclusion:
My echostar outputs a proper NTSC. My TV is PAL and thus it only works (and not very well) with an RGB NTSC where all the syncs are separated.

Is it correct?!?

If I bought an NTSC VCR in America, would I be able to properly tape the receiver output and then watch it on an NTSC TV (or pal tv is the vcr has RGB output)?
I'm asking this cuz I've found out that I watch more NTSC stuff than PAL stuff.

thanks!

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Just buy a panasonic ntsc/pal video recorder (or even better) a phillips dvd recorder (both are switchable) as for your kids tv
(unless things have changed) a few years back (9) i used to do the maintainance work on Mc Donalds, 1 of my jobs was fitting out the Crew rooms (canteen)i also fitted videos in, these were
NTSC Goldstar (players not recorders) as all the training Videos
were Yank they were Ntsc. Being a good builder (i swiped a few tapes) but was unable to play at all on my Vcr, a few years ago i got a panasonic, and low & behold they played, and even recorded. So if your getting a stretched piccy on yer kids tv (i dont think its true NTSC)
as nowt shown on mine. DAVE.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

Alex2k

Reaction score
Burnt Chips, with sony I meant the brand not th word 'son'...lol

anyway I've find this:
http://www.xbreporter.com/xbox_pal_ntsc.php

by reading that I understood that RGB overcomes pal/ntsc problems. So now I'm pretty sure my echostar outputs proper ntsc and I might buy an NTSC VCR just to record. To playback the tapes I'll use my PAL VCR which can Playback NTSC tapes (but not record :( ).
it should work!

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Your echostar 3000 IP does indeed output a true NTSC signal , it also applies to the Analogue signals as well.

The reciever also handles secam in the same manner- providing you have a muiti standard tv you will see them correctly, recording, requires the same NTSC record ,Pal record functionality.

DVDR recorder i agree is one off the simplest options and the price just contunues to fall 399.00 now if you dont need the mini dv input and 549.00 if you do

Regards

old Satellite