echostar 3600

R

Russian

Hello.Can anybody explain why my Echostar 3600 sometimes doesn`t remember position of Hotbird?Thanks.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
have heard this from other users. Maybe a bug, but is also possible that the machine is simply more sensitive to noise spikes on the wires you use to connect to the motor. Are you using good quality, electrically isolated cables?
See also the "satnerds" forum (at http://www.satnerds.nl ) - there you'll find other posts on this and a possible solution ()if noise-related) which involves fitting a capacitor across the cable.

2old

stevio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::
Howdy all
Just got off the phone to one installer pal ,who claims he spotted that the output for the old style fittings failed to output consistantly, citing h or v channels affected the pulse voltage ,hence the lost satellites .I had the machine for a month and found this occours erraticaly.He says the problem does not occour on the 7000....Does anyone have a 3600 wired to a disecq motor????
It also had a problem on certain viacces channels, which may have gone now, after ota download recently...
If anyone has any further insights into this,please mail me direct as i would like to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.
2old,if there is anything in Dutch of note would you mind translating please? Lecker! is as far as i go.
I have mailed echostar today.
Other wise i think its the bollocks.

Stevio@lineone.net
sales@waferworld.co.uk

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is it a DiSEqC motor you are using then on this install ?

If so

Most likely - its a memory failure (and a chip replacement)

Possibly - Hotbird was not stored in the memory in the same way as the other satellites - erase and start again

Possibly knowing Echostar - its a firmware fault, like red London buses there will be three or so upgrades out one after the other

Get that downlead out of the drawer !

stevio

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::
I only used the old fashioned motor ...not diseq.

Since i last posted , it has thrown only one wobble

I am now doing a factory reset and organising it slightly differently now i know the machine...It is a very nice machine, if this problem is overcome.

Steve