Echostar 7000HDD + Nokia 9600 ?

amdaley28

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hello Everybody.
Can anyone explain to me how to connect my Nokia 9600 to an Echostar 7000HDD which I have recently received.
Some time ago I had the Nokia9600 connected to an Echostar 8700,but the Echostar 7000HDD is a different kind of receiver.
My setup is Echostar 7000HDD,Nokia 9600,1.2mt Echostar dish with an Echostar Quad band Lnb.
I plan to use the Echostar 7000HDD to control the actuator & the polarity of the lnb.Would the Nokia 9600 be able to control the polarity of the Quad Band Lnb ?
Regards.
Tony. :confused

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My first question is what would you like to recieve with your Nokia 9600 that your Echostar will not ?

The Echostar can control all of the functions for polartiy and the actuator etc and you could feed any of the spare outputs from the LNB to the Nokia.

Using the Echostar to switch between polarity's

What is your reason for wishing to continue using the Nokia?

There is software for the Echostar (Beta release) that will allow with the use of an Iderto cam (2.06) the viewing with a 6-1 card etc.

Regards

Old Satellite

amdaley28

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hello Old satellite.
My reason for wanting to use the Nokia 9600s was because I feel that perhaps the Nokia's tuner might be more sensitive for feed hunting.It's one of the earlier ones with the auto search tuner.
The Echostars tuner is I feel not as good as the Nokia's for feed hunting & automatic searching.
Regards.
Tony.:)

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Interesting , as far as I know their is no reason to believe that the Echostar does not perform as well on weak signals.

My own 7000 is utilsed with a 3.7 mtr S/C/Ku setup and I can confirm for example that it will lock up channels generally pretty well including for example extremely weak C band Asia digital signals from 78.5 east that are footrprinted to china and Asia.

Do you have a specific set of channels that you see better performace from your Nokia ?

Regards

Old Satellite

amdaley28

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hello Old satellite.
I did get it going with the Echostar 7000HDD.I tried an Astra freq quite low 10.7?? something.I cant get at the receivers at the moment as she who must be obeyed is watching a film.
Well the Echostar recognised that the transponder was active,but couldn't download anything.On the other hand the Nokia 9600 also noted that the transponder was active and downloaded what appeared to be several data channels.
I know that you cant watch data channels,but it's nice to be able to get them down.
Regards.
Tony:)

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
I will test on my Echostar 7000 to see if i see the same problem, and will post if is see some thing that is not expected

Regards

Odl Satellite