Echostar 7000HDD with Panasonic TuDSB40?

Nenni

Reaction score
Website
www.skrifa.com
My Satellite Setup
Fracarro 1,5m, Smart Titanium 0,2dB, 18" Jack, V-box II Technomate 1500Ci+ Super, 5400Ci USb, Dreambox 7020, Invasion, TM 6900 Combo & Tomson HD Sky box.
My Location
Selfoss, Iceland
2old4this said:
Here we go again....

there really is no "best" receiver. It depends entirely on your actual requirements.

With the greatest of respect to T24, the Sammy is not comparable to the Echostar 7000. The Echostar has a whole bunch of features that most other receivers (including the Sammy) simply lack. These include: proper motor control (as opposed to DiSEqC), analogue reception, built-in hard-disk for recording off-air, but also in the Echostar's case for storing and playback of MP3s and photographs; magnetic and motororised polarisor control; external decoder connector (eg for D2MAC); etc.
But then, the Echostar doesn't have everything (it has no multicas facility, for example) and it is relatively expensive.

Define your requirments, THEN make your choice.

2old
Hi M8
I am waiting for a Panasonic TB 40 sky receiver and I was wondering if I can connect it to my DVR7000HDD and use the Echostar as a motor drive for the sky box. And also... would it be possible to record from the skybox? Thanks in advance and greetings from Iceland, Nenni

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Nenni, welcome to the forum. :)

I split this post from the original thread, as it should get a better response on its own.

PS. Put your Icelandic Satellite forum up in the Nobbly's Big Links Forum. :)

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
I do something similar with my Topfield 4000PVR. I have my Grundig Sky box connected to the 2nd LNB out. When I want to watch Sky I use the Topfield to rotate my dish, turn off the Topfield, turn on the Grundig and watch Sky.

This is how its connected (Tf = Topfield):

Dish LNB -> Tf LNB1 out
Tf LNB1 out -> Tf LNB2 in
Tf LNB2 out -> Grundig LNB in

I don't know about recording Sky on the Echostar, but if it cannot record from the scart or composite, then I doubt very much it will work. Satellite PVR receivers don't really 'record' anything, they simply copy the video/audio stream to the hard disk and I doubt that the Echostar is any different.