Echostar 880 2ci receiver

dee

Reaction score
Please advice. I have the above receiver and was told it is a very good receiver capable of many things. Does anyone know if this box has any inbuilt encryption decoder? I have the ICECRYPT CAM and was wondering if teh Matrix reloaded is the way forward.
Also signal breaks up when watching some Sirius and Hotbird channels e.g MTV Base, Viasat Explorer and Ticket 1 etc. Is there anyway i can improve this as the installation team have been over to my house to try and sort this out twice with no luck.
:confused
Please advice.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Looks like it just has the two CI slots Dee and no embedded CA system. You may find that it is conflict between the Icecrypt and the receiver rather than a reception problem.

dee

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Looks like it just has the two CI slots Dee and no embedded CA system. You may find that it is conflict between the Icecrypt and the receiver rather than a reception problem.

Many thanks for the response. So do you think i should change the box for the DSB-808 2ci with Viaccess?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Certainly might be an option. Best way to check it would be to go to www.lyngsat.com and look to see if there are any free to air channels on the same transponders as the ones you are having problems with, if they operate without problems, then it is the CAM, Card or or combination of them with the receiver.

dee

Reaction score
I have just had my receiver changed from the Echostar 880 2ci to the 808 2Ci with embedded Viaccess and can confirm that the signal is no stable (at least for now) without any problem. I have the BLACK ICECRYPT card and was ondering if it is worth spending money on another CAM to increase my viewing options. If yes, which would you recommend and why? Please advice.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The Matrix reloaded or Ultimate CAMs would be in my opinion the best choices, but as to which one? The MR is the cheaper of the two and you will probably still need to invest in a programmer and a Titanium card to get the most out of it.

dee

Reaction score
Thanks Man. I will see if i can lay my hands on the Ultimate card.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The Ultimate is still new, may be worth doing a bit of a read up about it before taking the leap..