Echostar AD 3000 IP VIACCESS and Viaccess Wafers ???

N

Nero Corsaro

Hi,

Did someone of you test the newest Wafer
card software for Viaccess on the Echostar
AD 3000 IP Viaccess embedded CAM ???
Does it work with it ???

Thanks for any response.

Nero Corsaro

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I've tested two (TPS and Viasat/SCT) versions and they work ok in this receiver's embedded Viaccess CAM. I have not tried a Viaccess CI-CAM in this receiver.

I still have to test the newest 15-feb "Strsh" wafer software (see this forum) with 7 providers on one card.

Note that Echostar ad3000ipva does misbehave slightly when using the embedded Viaccess CAM. You may notice a slow-down in zap-speed, and occasional digital artefacts on some channels even when the signal & quality are very high (70% or more).

2old

T

twodish

I tried the STRSH 15th Feb file last night in my embedded Via, using normal pic/Eeprom card. Receiver didn't like the card, message says "Viaaccess please check card".

Dumb question, does the card go in chips up, same as CAMs?

Also, should power be on or off, tried both, no difference.

There were a lot of verification errors on the Eeprom file!

Phil

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
if by "power" you are referring to the "power-up timer" setting when programming the PIC, then the answer is: most programmers autodetect the chip type and you can't go wrong. In principle, it should be "off" for 16c84 chips (as used in older single-chip wafers) and "on" for the 16f84 (as used in goldwafers).

The viaccess card goes into the ad3000ipva embedded-CAM with he gold contacts facing upwards.

If there were verification errors programming the card then you should reprogram it! Verification errors indicate that the contents read back from the chip are not the same as those of the buffer you were trying to write - so it's hardly surprising that the card doesn't work properly in the receiver...

2old

T

twodish

Thanx for that. I got the card working in my Humax 5400 on Sirius, but weak signal (47%) means it keeps dropping out. My Echostar 3000IPVA can't even see the TV1K channels but seems to know about 12034V frequency OK. I get message "check card" but I think this is due to lack of signal rather than card problem because it works in the Humax.

I live in North Hampshire and have a 1.2 Gregorian dish (from Spectrum) with a twin Strong LNB connected via a Global diseqc switch. If I connect the LNB directly to the Echostar, still get no signal.

Is there any way to inprove the signal with a better LNB for instance?

I've always wondered about that Gregorian secondary reflector blocking the signal to the feedhorn. Maybe the channel master is better?

Phil