Echostar AD-3600 IP

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Anyone got this receiver and is satisified with it?

Would you recommend it if you want a receiver with 36v positioner and Polarizer control?

Any known issues?

I saw that there is a grey and silver version.....

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Likvid,

I have had this receiver (the grey model) for around 3 years now. I am quite happy with mine but there are a few things to consider:

1. The Remote Control tends to go pretty quickly on these. I have opened and repaired mine a few times now.
2. My brother bought his at the same time as mine and suffered from positioner problems and in the end swtiched over to a Technomate TM5000DAPCI
3. They tend to get hot with CAMs in them

On the plus side the suport and software updates are very good. For this model there have been around 10 new S/W versions.

I guess the big question is would I buy another one. The answer is probably a no as you can get the same functionality cheaper with makes such as the Technomate.

I hope this helps m8.

Tirosh.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The 3600's must use the same crap remotes the 3000's use. Mine rcu had just died - (some frequently usedbuttons gone very non responsive) how have you fixed yours in the past?

psats

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
The 3600's must use the same crap remotes the 3000's use. Mine rcu had just died - (some frequently usedbuttons gone very non responsive) how have you fixed yours in the past?

this site has replacement remotes cheap

h**p://www.perfect.nu/uk/index.html

:)

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Analoguesat said:

I used Silver Paint from Maplin's (SL 69 Silver Paint). Applied to the bottom of the pads.

madpup

Reaction score
iv only just got mine, but i think its great, i'll let you know when i get more expereanced.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Thanks for all answers, there doesn't seem to be much choice these days if you want 36v positioner and polarizer control.

I've heard the Technomate's quality is really bad, you get what you pay for.....

Have no personal experience with them...

Where do you recommend to buy the silver 3600 version?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:

Simple solution

When you first take the remote out of the box, put the batteries in and immediately put the condom (protective cover) back on it and seal the opening with tape.

If this looks too bad to the wife, then cover the remote control in clingfilm, top to bottom.

This stops the air moisture, dog saliva, beer, sweat and other bodily fluids present in day to day viewing of satellite TV from getting to the insides of the remote.

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Can you set the skew per transponder or per satellite?

Likvid

Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I've seen a brand new Echostar DVR-7000HDD for £450.

Which one would you choose? the 3600IPVIA(silver version) or the DVR-7000HDD?

I really don't need HDD but i want the best quality and performance, i've heard the tuner is better in the 3600 than 7000......

Isn't the DVR-7000HDD getting pretty old now on the market?