echostar ad3000ip motorised system.

geolad

Reaction score
Hi, could someone please explain how I motorise my system. I have an echostar ad3000ip receiver and am a relative newbie to all this. I recently purchased a jaeger smr99g 36 volt motor and would like to connect this to my receiver. The motor appears to have 4 connections (2 for motor and 2 others). I would be gateful if someone could advise me how and where to make the connections on the back of the echostar and any tips on setting it all up.

Regards and thanx.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Please ensure that the cable is of good quality,for both the motor and reed /Pulse sensor( it provides the position of your dish information to the reciever) normally you should use at least 0.75 mm Sq cable.

Also do not forget to set the limit switches on the mount- Stops your dish hitting the wall) , make sure that you have a friend to wtch why you rotate the dish so that they may let you know if you dish is close to or about to make contact with a wall etc

check out fully the forum for futher help

regards

Old satellite

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Best to have the motor on a small section of wire next to the receiver and play with it in front of the TV first

If you know where your true south is on the post or wall mount, you could set the rought mechanical limits on the motor inside, before climbing the pole

The thick two wires of the cable are for connection to the actuator drive (+ and - 36 V ) and the thin wires are for the sensor. DO NOT GET ANY OF THEM MIXED UP

Monde

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S, Offeset antenna on Hotbird, PC Toshiba Satellite SA50 109, Intel Pentium 1.6 GHz, 496 MB RAM, XP Pro V. 2002
My Location
Uzbekistan
Hi,

I have just bought a second-hand Echostar AD3000IP. Seems to work fine except for motorization!!! I have another (older) analogue Echostar for motorized dish working fine with my 3,60 m mesh dish. When trying to install it by connecting the actuator to the Echostar AD3000IP, the actuator moves a bit and then the receiver gives a "motor error" message on the installation screen, making it impossible to set the east and west limits. Is something wrong with the receiver? The seller keeps telling me it worked fine with a Philips 90cm motorized dish. What else could it be? Please help me on that one!:(
Cheers,
Monde

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi Monde,
I experienced a similar problem with my Echostar 3600, and in the end ghad to do a factory reset and manually restore all my satellites and channels, once I'd done that it's been working fine ever since.
It is really a last resort, but if you want to try it go into menu, tools, the very last symbol is factory reset.
Before you do you might want to read through this thread, if you haven't already seen it.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=35888&highlight=Echostar+3000
Best wishes
Mickha

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What type of motor does your dish have on it ?
If it is not a reed switch type then you have to make sure the connections are made correctly, which may involve more than four wires.

Be extremely careful when setting the mechanical limits as the dish could be damaged, or the receiver positioner hardware burnt out (it is integral with the PSU, which makes it expensive to repair).