Echostar ad3000ip new software coming soon

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I am told by sources close to Echostar that a significant new version of the ad3000ip software is almost ready.

It is currently being prepared for the Viaccess version, and the original version (no built in viaccess) will follow shortly afterwards.

Watch this space.

2old

oldtechhead

Reaction score
What's wrong with the existing 3000IP with Viaccess? As a newbie I am stillexperimenting and haven't found a prob yet. You have me worried.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
well first of all, the correction of problems is not the sole reason a software developer produces new versions of software. In fact, the main driver is usually enhanced functionality.

In this case, it is indeed the case that enhanced functionality will be offered, but also that there are bugs being fixed.

I've been in the IT business for almost 20 years and I've yet to see a software product released without bugs. But that's not to say that every user encounters them. If your receiver is meeting your needs and you are not aware of any bugs, then just be happy. But there are others that do have problems. Some bugs only manifest themselves in specific functions that you may not be using, or as a result of a certain coincidence of data (settings) that you may not have.

2old

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Watch out for data corruption. Lots of reports of that. But no clarity yet as to whether it's arising in the firmware or hardware.
I have no problems with the non-Viaccess ad3000ip after many months of intensive use.
2old

A Tobgy

Reaction score
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-Nov-00 AT 02:03 AM (GMT)[/font][p]
About one month ago I purchased an Echostar AD-3000 IP Viaccess Receiver loaded with firmware version 120. I have suffered from almost daily channel corruption whenever I moved from one channel to another on a different satellite. The analog channel lists do not get corrupted, but the digital channel lists often get corrupted. My use of the receiver comply with the specifications of the receiver, no software has ever been loaded by myself to the receiver and as yet I have not used satedit or any other editing programmes.

I have e-mailed Echostar.com and their Regional Service Center inquiring whether there will be a forthcoming new software, above ver. 120, which would solve this well-known problem of digital channel corruption. They have declined to answer my inquiry!! Instead Echostar stated on 8 Nov 2000: "We are working on this problem and at this moment it cannot be related to hardware or software. Exchanging the mainboard is a good option and solves mostly the problem...."

The reply of Echostar is perplexing. If the problem is not related to hardware, why sending the receiver from one country to another (where the Echostar Service Center is located) for mainboard replacing or servicing is necessary especially if, as Echostar's reply indicate, it will not completely cure the problem of channel corruption? If the problem is not related to hardware or to software, what is the cause of the problem and why several owners of the receiver have reported the problem?

I hope that Echostar be forthcoming and give a clear and open reply regarding the problem of channel corruption and offer free solution to this problem.

Perhaps the rumoured new software for Echostar AD-3000 IP Viaccess receiver will solve the problem of channel corruption. Let us wait an see!!

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
yes, in fact I am currently beta-testing the ad3000ip-viaccess version of this new software.
It will be released very soon.
I can't reveal the specific imporvements (in accordance with my agreement with Echostar) but it contains some useful additions. I'd sill classify it as an evolution rather than a revolution though.

2old

Dinu

Reaction score
An evolution is allways nice!! What about the plain AD3000IP without viaaccess??

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I've been beta-testing the v400 for the normal (non-Viaccess) ad3000ip too. It will be released at the same time of perhaps slightly later than the va version.
2old

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
v400 software has been approved and will be released (placed on their internet site) tomorrow, Dec-14.

Following a review of the policies for software release, it is also Echostar's intention that in future Beta versions will be released for public testing (after a short period of basic testing by their official beta testers).

This will reduce the waiting time for all you frustrated hobbyists out there! I think it also demonstrates that Echostar is taking on board the feedback received from their customers re. software release timelines.

2old

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
ad3000ip v400 (ad3000ipva v300) software is now available for download at the Echostar homepage.

It contains some useful improvements.
Read the list of new features at the download pagfe (this will be provided each time from now on).

This software is very stable.
I'll be curious to know how many of the reported data corruption problems are helped by the internal redesign of data (settings) structures.

Also note: the new bootstrap (integrated) is needed becasue they intend in the future to make software updates possible by satellite.

2old

Dinu

Reaction score
I have installed the new software and the improovments are considerable I might say. It is worth to upgrade.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Don't tag onto a very old thread that has nothing to do with your question. Post your query in the appropriate section.

Llew