EchoStar D2510IP Viaccess...HELP !!!

jgriffin

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me sort out a problem I have with my
EchoStar D2510IP Viaccess Receiver. I'm trying to upgrade from Version 400 software
to the current Version 900 as I'm having trouble viewing various encrypted channels-
The card and CAM are up to date and I can actually view the channels at times but
this can vary from a few minutes to a couple of hours viewing time, then I get an
error message "wrong card inserted".
As you may know this receiver was supposed to be OTA upgrade ready but
this not possible unless a bootstrap file is downloaded over the Internet and then
transferred from the PC to the Receiver and that's where the problem lies.
I have downloaded the required files- both the software loader and bootstrap file
but the transfer refuses to work. I' ve tried it several times to no avail.
EchoStar have a Troubleshooter in their Technical FAQ's but the information
can be very confusing.
I have e-mailed EchoStar International several times but they reply by saying they
have forwarded the query to their Service Center Eurosat in London, no replies to date.

I would be really grateful for any help you can provide

THANKS
Regards
John G

pudgells

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You should be able to OTA on Hotbird. I have same receiver and done upgrade many times without bootstrap needed. On version 900, no problems. Try OTA upgrade it should work. Echostar web site and their instructions a little confusing. After you upgrade you need to factory reset/ default. Good Luck.
jgriffin said:
Hi Folks

I would be extremely grateful if you could help me sort out a problem I have with my
EchoStar D2510IP Viaccess Receiver. I'm trying to upgrade from Version 400 software
to the current Version 900 as I'm having trouble viewing various encrypted channels-
The card and CAM are up to date and I can actually view the channels at times but
this can vary from a few minutes to a couple of hours viewing time, then I get an
error message "wrong card inserted".
As you may know this receiver was supposed to be OTA upgrade ready but
this not possible unless a bootstrap file is downloaded over the Internet and then
transferred from the PC to the Receiver and that's where the problem lies.
I have downloaded the required files- both the software loader and bootstrap file
but the transfer refuses to work. I' ve tried it several times to no avail.
EchoStar have a Troubleshooter in their Technical FAQ's but the information
can be very confusing.
I have e-mailed EchoStar International several times but they reply by saying they
have forwarded the query to their Service Center Eurosat in London, no replies to date.

I would be really grateful for any help you can provide

THANKS
Regards
John G