Echostar DSB 2110 Problems, please help

azzguk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
England
Hi,
First of all I'd like to apologise if my thread is in the wrong place in forum. This my first time here, and I am not familiar with all the terms of satellite systems/receivers, so please be easy on me if I am asking dumb questions.
Anyway, my problem is as follows:
I am having problems with my Echostar DSB 2110, it seems to go in a search/boot mode forever and never starts nor locks to a channel but instaed keeps on a this serach mode forever...(The LED lights in the front keeps turning forever). I switched it off from the mains and switched it back on then left it on all day for it to lock to a channel but to no avail. (This same Receiver BTW was working fine before with the same dish set up...
I got another receiver of a friend just to check that my dish set up is correct and yes everything was fine.
I dunno what to do, I asked around and was told I needed to flash it, but this doesn't mean anything to me...
Please please could help me get this receiver working I would very much appreciate it. I have read through few threads but the technical terms are just beyond me...

Thank you in advance,
Azz.

azzguk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
England
Any help members?...please
Thank you.

azzguk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
England
Hi,
Thank you for replying,
The power seems to be fine, he front panel clock is on, adn when i switch it on it goes in a search kinda mode forever..so the lights of LEDs in the front keep spining non stop..
Please please I need your help guys...
I've also been told that I should flash it, could anyone tell me the process of doing so..I would be very gratefull.

In case you're wondering why I wouldn't just take it to a repair shop, first, I am a poor student, secondly, It's kinda exciting learning all of this...
Again I appreciate all your help

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
You may have a boot problem.

Try uploading the latest software from www.echostar-int.com into your receiver.

Llew

azzguk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
England
Thanks Llew,
I can't wait till I get home and try out the new software from that web site. Fingers crossed things would work smoothly...:)

BTW, what does viaccess mean?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
It's an encryption system used by the service provider. If your receiver is the model with viaccess embedded, you will need a suitable card in order to receive those programmes transmitted with this particular encryption.

azzguk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
England
Llew said:
It's an encryption system used by the service provider. If your receiver is the model with viaccess embedded, you will need a suitable card in order to receive those programmes transmitted with this particular encryption.

Thanks again, I am beginning to enjoy all the technical stuff.
how/where do i get these cards from?
I also read in one of the threads that you can flash your receiver and get channels for free such as TPS foot without the requirement for the cards!!?? how does that work?? and where can one get such flash software?

I appreciate your tutorials by the way :D

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'm fairly certain that you can't patch that particular model, but I may be mistaken.

You need to subscribe to a provider (e.g TPS) to obtain a genuine Viaccess card. Expensive, and usually only available to customers in the country for which the programmes are intended.

Alternatively, there are CAMS which can be programmed to receive these channels, but not sure which ones will work with your STB (maybe the Dragon cam). Have a look in the CAM/encryption sections of this forum for more information.

Llew

azzguk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
England
Thanks Llew,
I am still having problems getting my receiver too boot up (see above for problem). I downloaded the latest software updates from the echostar web site, Installed the echoloader 2, and when I tried downloading the file "DSB2110_2CI_Viaccess_V900_20040112w.BIN", i get the following error message: ERROR: Header is wrong...The front panel of my decoder is showing "dnld" which means that it's in download mode.

I must tell you that the serial cable and port set up are fine because when I the upload from decoder to pc it works fine.

Could you please help me get my echostar to boot up up and work again...Many thanks.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I don't suppose you know what boot version exists in your receiver, but if it is v300 or less, you needed the bootstrap file before you can load a later version.

You can find it on the echostar site.

azzguk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
England
Hi Llew,
I tried downloading the bootstrap (which I got from the echostar web site)"DSB2110_2CI_Viaccess_Boot_OLD2OTA.bin" but I still get the error message : "header is wrong"...This is so frustarting dunno what to do!!??:(
Any ideas please.

Thanks,
Azz.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Strange. Might be a flash chip problem. Can't help much there m8, I've bumped up the thread in the hope that someone might be able to advise further.

Llew

azzguk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
echostar
My Location
England
Thanks Llew, I appreciate it.
Cheers

neo29200

Reaction score
can any one give me the the boot file for dsb 808 2ci via?
i had seek for it but i find no thing

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Not aware there is a separate boot file. Usually with Echostar the boot sequence is included in the software you load into your receiver.

The old Echostar AD3000 had a bootstrap you needed to load when updating OTA from very early software versions, shouldn't need one for your STB. What is the problem you have?

Llew