Echostar DSB 880 Problems

Chief

Reaction score
I have just bought an Echostar DSB 880 2Ci and have a small question. On the front panel there is a black perspex window that on most satellite receivers lights up with the channel N° etc. Mine remains blank although the receiver works well - but I can get all local BBC 1 channels except BBC1 West from Bristol - which I could get with my last two receivers (Nokia 9800s and a Strong) - can anyone help both with the channels and whether the panel should indicate something as I have had the receiver only since Saturday and if it should indicate something I'd like to change it - while I still have time.

Thanks for your help

Chief

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If it shows nothing which I'm 99.9.% sure that it should, you should take it back. :)

PS. have split your post from the other thread, as although it referred to the same receiver, the problem was not the same, hjave also moved into the correct section.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Looked at BBC West and still there, it's on the same transponder as BBC South West, South and South East.

Chief

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Looked at BBC West and still there, it's on the same transponder as BBC South West, South and South East.

Thanks for the above 2 messages Rolf - I guess logically that it should show something otherwise there would be no window.

As far as the BBC channels - I'm gonna check to see if I have the above - from memory I don't think so but I know I have London; Midlands, East, North West and Yorkshire ... I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Chief

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just looked at the Manual online and it isn't at all clear whether there is supposed to be anything other than signal and standby indicators on the front panel.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
If you remove the lid, there would normally be a circuit board covering the back of the window which would hold the alphanumeric LEDS.

This is the case with for example Aston Simba receivers, the 202 having a front panel display and 3x LED board, and the 201 having just the normal 3x LED board.

Llew

Chief

Reaction score
Llew said:
If you remove the lid, there would normally be a circuit board covering the back of the window which would hold the alphanumeric LEDS.

This is the case with for example Aston Simba receivers, the 202 having a front panel display and 3x LED board, and the 201 having just the normal 3x LED board.

Llew

I don't fancy doing that as the shop may refuse to take it back - if indeed there should be some kind of channel display.

Thanks Rolf - I can now pick up BBC West

Chief

mrtonks

Reaction score
Chief said:
I have just bought an Echostar DSB 880 2Ci and have a small question. On the front panel there is a black perspex window that on most satellite receivers lights up with the channel N° etc. Mine remains blank although the receiver works well

There is NO front panel display on this model, It should be blank.. It is a bit confusing..

steve (distributor)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for clearing that up Steve, as you say it is confusing, as it looks like there should be a display. :)

Chief

Reaction score
mrtonks said:
There is NO front panel display on this model, It should be blank.. It is a bit confusing..

steve (distributor)

Thanks for that Steve - I actually went back to the shop - they were unsure - so they unpacked another receiver - which didn't have a display - at least the guy in the shop gave me a manual in French as the ones supplied with my receiver were in Dutch and German - which I don't speak or understand.

Thanks again

Chief