Echostar Remote

S

SSS

SAT UNIVERSAL REMOTE
Re echostar D2600IP VIAC
i really could do with finding auniversal remote for my box tosave running up and down stairs so much.Has anyone else been successful.even the ones which guarantee to work dont

SSS

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
SSS

Understand your problem - I'm using an Echostar D2500IP, and I can't get any of the uni remotes to work for it bought two now!).

Similarly I can't get any of the other "learning" remotes (Vid Amp / DVD / VCR etc) - to operate the Echostar - I was thinking it was just me.

Richard

S

SSS

thanks Richard
had recent e mail exchange with OneForAll.no code forthcoming.
they asked me to send my original remote to Belgium to be copied but i think its a bit risky.i may eventually pay upfor a new one.(£75)but it seems alot.

peters

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gents,

A few years ago I bought a universal remote with pyramid which allows you to control sat/cab/vcr etc etc . It does control everything even the echostar. I couldn't find the codes but it managed to 'learn' all the key functions of the original including changing to different sat positions and all from the comfort of the bedroom.
The make is MARMITEK and i believe it is still available. Hope this helps.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You may also find Philex of North London may have a remote with the codes for the 2600 already included.

sanddancer

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have managed to get a Marmitek Learning remote to work with a Echostar AD3600 but it took a long time. You had to press the buttons on the Echostar with a 'feather touch'. Too short it did not register, too long the learning remote went into a loop. It is all down to technique and placement. Make sure that you have new batteries and place the remotes 5 cm apart on a dull matt surface with no external ambient light source. You have to be patient.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
I personally use Philips Pronto RU940 (£150) with AD3600, which is on the expensive side, but one can get very cheap universal learning RCUs these days.

Richer Sounds have an excellent deal on One for All Mosaic RCU at £59 (RRP £249). This has very similar functionality to Pronto and was highly recommended in the reviews.

Recommend you try it - it will learn any code. :-band

S

SSS

thanks for all the info so far.its all good stuff.im sure i will finish up achieving control in the bedroom.
as far as this forum goes "a problem shared is a problem solved".keep up the good work.PS i may buy some raffle tickets after this

CaptainGlassback

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
One For All URC-7560 works well with Echo AD 3000IP. It had to learn some of the functions. I use 3 around the house (with Pyramids) and get all functions.

S

SSS

i went for the marmitek option @ £26 as advertised in the mag.its learning remote but i get all functions after using acode number supplied.buttons in different positions but soon got used toit.ECHONAV no problem.i mayeventually use the learning function to move the buttons to pos. of original remote.
Thank you all